Mobo upgrade for Dell Dimension 2400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobo upgrade for Dell Dimension 2400

Can anyone tell me a good mobo that will fit inside my Dell Dimension 2400 pc. It must and I mean MUST have an AGP slot. Please I'm starting to get desperate here. You wouldn't believe it but my mobo has the small metal parts were the AGP slot is meant to be and there is no slot. It is as if they took the AGP slot out.

:tears:

Didn't I answer this question b4? :confused:

Well anyhow Gigabyte make a few mATX mobo's that even overclock that'll fix that mirco-tower and here's two of them.
    GA-8IG1000MF (i865G)
    GA-8IPE1000MK (i865PE)

Comment

Yes you did answer before but someone said that Dell 2400 are too small to have different mobos. Cause dell make there own.

:shrug:

Comment

Hey jag2k4 are ya Swedish by chance..:?:

Comment

Originally posted by jag2k4
          Yes you did answer before but someone said that Dell 2400 are too small to have different mobos. Cause dell make there own. :shrug:
          Dell do not make their own mobo's, in fact Intel supply most of their mobo's and for your's model's "micro-tower" it would be an mATX format mobo. Open the case and ya'll likely find that the mobo in it closely resembles those that I linked, in fact its very likely to be this mobo.

Comment

Hey your right it does look a lot like mine. So does that mean I can upgrade to the Gigibite one's?

:thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by jag2k4
              Hey your right it does look a lot like mine. So does that mean I can upgrade to the Gigibite one's?

:thumb:
              That's what I've been tryin' to tell ya, you can.

Comment

doh! It was me who said that Dell maid their own mobos.

Terribly sorry, please pardon the stupidity.

Comment

Re: Mobo upgrade for Dell Dimension 2400

Try this.....

Whip your DELL 2400 Mobo out..... find another Mobo with an 8xAGP Slot perhaps board that has bin Cracked Snapped or Blown.... take em both down to a electronics Guru... Get them to Solder it into your Mobo.... Sell it as ... NEW DELL DIMENSION-DEEDz PLUS 2400 with AGP8x ;).... Tweak the Bios... Might need a Ms-Certified Programmer to Help you out with that bit... but theres plenty of Forums where ppl like this sit and wait for ppl like us to ask them Trcky/innovative Questions .. like "Where is the Power Switch on the Monitor" ;P..... and I think that we could start up a SERVICE SHOP @ $50 +SH a pop .... We, Like DELL could be Rich in no Time...@ there expense... for Once..

On another Note.... Whip out the old Soldering Iron and give it a twack yourself ;)... if you Crack it then thats a Service that Many would Gladly pay for ......or NOT!have-to ;)

-=DEEDz=-
                  Last edited by -=DEEDz=-; 08-19-2004, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Correct me if I am wrong but don't you need a new PSU when replacing a Dell mobo?

Comment

That's what I've heard. Something about Dell PSUs killling non-Dell motherboards.

Comment

hi there wiggo please can you tell me how you no this info about the ga-8ipe1000mk motherboard i need one to fit my dimension 2400 but i have been told by gigabyte thay dont no if it will fit or if i will need a new power supply.
                        Originally posted by Wiggo
                        Didn't I answer this question b4? :confused:

Well anyhow Gigabyte make a few mATX mobo's that even overclock that'll fix that mirco-tower and here's two of them.
                        GA-8IG1000MF (i865G)
                        GA-8IPE1000MK (i865PE)

Comment

I have a Dell Dimension 2400 also and everything I have read on the net says that the Dell PSU is not compatable with any aftermarket systemboard. There are adapter cables that will allow an aftermarket PSU to be used with a Dell proprietary systemboard but not the other way around. I did notice that one the Gigabyte systemboards did have the on board Intel Extreme Graphics and a 8X AGP slot. DEEDz may be right about just soldering an AGP connector on the board as there is a place for one to be installed. If an PCI graphics card can be installed as I have read in other forums the onboard graphics can be disabled through the BIOS so DEEDz might be on to something. Has anyone out there tried this yet?

Comment

I have a Dell Dimension 2400, the motherboard is becoming not functional 3 months after the expiration of my warranty. I consider to purchase a different motherboard, but from this forum it seems to me that I also need to purchase a PSU? Does anyone have any suggestion on what PSU I should buy?

Comment

There are certain Dell models that don't have the special connectors. Look at your mobo and see if any wires are attached besides the ATX mobo connector (rectangular 20 pin I think) and the Pentium 4 connector (square 4 pin). My Dimension 4550 533FSB Edition does not have the special Dell connector for instance.

Comment

Working...
                              X