No announcement yet.

Need to make a quick motherboard choice...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to make a quick motherboard choice...

I need something with support for:
    XP2500+ Barton
    2xHDD's on IDE RAID-0 Stripe, plus 2 additional IDE HDD's and 2 IDE CD-ROM devices
    good speed/reliability (I wouldnt expect anything else from recommendations here)

it also has to be a currently available model, and have a reasonable price...

was looking at the Gigabyte GA-7NNXP, but apparently its EOL or in very short supply, as I could only find one supplier and it would retail for almost $300CDN...

then I looked at the Asus A7VN8X-E Deluxe... better pricetag ($175CDN locally), but I dont think it comes with S-ATA -> IDE adaptors, which would be necessary, and they cost about $40/ea...

tried to check out MSI's offerings, their MSI K7N2-Delta-ILSR offers 4x IDE devices + S-ATA RAID, but no IDE-RAID... again with the $40 adaptors...

does anyone know of something that meets my criteria (basically IDE RAID on an nForce2 motherboard, or even a KT600)? Have to order this within the next few hours, input would be appreciated.. thanks

and if anything's unclear, I'm sorry, I'm at work, sick, and busy as hell... just ask and I'll try to clarify...

thanks
    386 DX40, 4mb 80ns EDO RAM, .5mb Trident VGA, 120mb 2200rpm JTS HDD, SoundBlaster ISA, Zoltrix 2400bps modem, 2x Creative CDROM (tray loading), Panasonic 3.5" FDD/5.25" FDD, Samsung 14" UVGA Monitor
    -----

/Z

alright, i was too busy at work, and still couldnt make up my mind on which motherboard i wanted to blow a large amount of cash on... having a hard time justifying almost $300CDN (mobo + 2 SATA/IDE adapters) on a board that i won't get much more performance out of.. dosnt seem like there's much more I can do, though... input is still appreciated, I'll have to order something on monday
    386 DX40, 4mb 80ns EDO RAM, .5mb Trident VGA, 120mb 2200rpm JTS HDD, SoundBlaster ISA, Zoltrix 2400bps modem, 2x Creative CDROM (tray loading), Panasonic 3.5" FDD/5.25" FDD, Samsung 14" UVGA Monitor
    -----

/Z

Comment

The DFI Lanparty NFII Ultra sounds like what ya lookin' for.

Comment

that was one of the other choices I had, didnt include it because the store was having some trouble locating a price, and had to make some calls on it... forget what the final price was (or if they were able to find one), as I was *very* burnt out by the end of the day... I'll have them double-check on a price tomorrow, I didnt realize it had ATA-RAID as well.. I *think* it was like $261CDN or something else fairly high though :(
        -----

/Z

Comment

Well the Gigabyte GA-7NNXP and the DFI Lanparty NFII Ultra are the only 2 nForce2 mobo's that I know of with ATA RAID on them. I wouldn't consider the KT600 options unless ya willin' to put up with lower performance levels and other than payin' $80 on top of the other nForce2 mobo's with SATA for the ATA-SATA convertors I don't know of any other way out for ya. :shrug:

Comment

hmm, I could've sworn I posted again.. apparently it didnt take...
            anyway, what it said was 'thank you', I'll be ordering either of the DFI or Gigabyte (probably the Gigabyte, the 10 IDE/SATA devices is too nice to pass up, unless the DFI is significantly cheaper)

ps... why'm I still a newbie? almost 50 posts :(
            -----

/Z

Comment

Originally posted by Zaltec
              ps... why'm I still a newbie? almost 50 posts :(
              Ya statis will change when ya hit 100 posts. ;)

Comment

ordered the GA-7NNXP today, should have it picked up/installed by friday... Tweaktown gave it the Editor's Choice award, so if I have any problems, I'm coming right back here! (not that I wouldnt anyway, but I mean in a threatening way... or something... ever seen a pissed off geek wielding a soldering iron? not a pretty sight)

I'll do my general mini-review/impressions upon installation
                -----

/Z

Comment

Working...
                X