which mobo would you choose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which mobo would you choose?

all of these boards look pretty nice and im looking for one for my 2nd system. I can get them all for about the same price.
    Soyo kt400 Dragon Ultra
    0%
    Epox 8rda+
    0%
    Abit NF7
    0%

Stay away from the KT400 chipset. The nForce2 is the best you can get for an AMD based processor.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

yea i love nforce's but i just wanted to see what people thought about the kt400 as i have no experience with it. it sounds good on paper, does it have a lot of problems? is the NF7 worth consideration?

Comment

The NF7 isn't a bad board, but I have never used one myself. I have, however, used several EpoX boards and all have done extremely well in terms of both stability and overclocking.

And as for the KT400, it was a great chipset in its time... but its time is over.
        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
        My Toys

Comment

i agree about the epox because i own one and its a beauty. i thought the NF7 looks pretty nice but ill do a little more homework on it. The epox's are a little harder to find for the price of the NF7 so that might end up bein the final choice. thanks for the info darth.

Comment

Either are good but the NF7-S has SATA and Soundstorm.

Comment

Either are good but the NF7-S has SATA and Soundstorm.
              well i dont need the sata but is the soundstorm really that much better than the standard APU on the Epox?

Comment

well right now its looking like the NF7 because i can get it cheaper. anyone seen (or want to sell) a 8rda for less than $67US with shipping to Canada. pretty hard to beat eh?

Comment

What about the Abit KV7 with the KT600 chipset? I've read in Abit's forum that some people are experiencing a lot of problems with the compatibility with the Barton 2500 processor.

I've thought about going to either the KV7 or KD7A (KT400) from my present Abit KD7E motherboard.. (smiles, knowing this will get some hairs raised.. LOL)

Comment

Originally posted by Frost
                    What about the Abit KV7 with the KT600 chipset?
                    Even that chipset is still behind the nForce2.

Comment

Originally posted by swinger
                      well i dont need the sata but is the soundstorm really that much better than the standard APU on the Epox?
                      yes if you have a 5.1 speaker setup, as Soundstorm has proper 5.1 support.

Comment

ya ive got 2 speakers so it wouldnt make a monkeys

Comment

IMHO get an 8RDA3+, not the plain 8RDA+.

Comment

too late ive already ordered the NF7 (great price), i would have got a a7n8 dx if i had more cash to spend. how is the 8rda3 better than the 8rda? ive never really heard much about the 8rda3

Comment

it uses SATA, nForce2 Ultra 400 chipset, and I think it may have Soundstorm

Comment

Working...
                              X