FSB influence over general performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FSB influence over general performance

I've a quite old mobo with a 133 mhz FSB, along with 1 Go 133mhz SD Ram and a Radeon9500 pro.
    Where is the limitant factor, if any ?? How could I solve it without having to change my mobo ???:confused:

The limiting factor is that its an old system. Its not worth the money to upgrade that mobo, if you could even find some pc133 ram to buy at a reasonable price. Its time for an upgrade I'd say if the system is no longer usable for your tasks.

And to get you started, i'd start looking through the Amd and Intel forums, as well as What to Buy?

Comment

Originally posted by ruzakruzak
      I've a quite old mobo with a 133 mhz FSB, along with 1 Go 133mhz SD Ram and a Radeon9500 pro.
      Where is the limitant factor, if any ?? How could I solve it without having to change my mobo ???:confused:
      A lot will depend on what sort of CPU that ya usin'. If ya usin' a PIII then ya won't do any better (unless ya overclockin') but if ya usin' a P4 or Athlon/Duron then that type of memory will be a bottleneck to ya system. Give us a full detailed summary of ya hardware spec's and then we could help better and don't worry about Fatboy there as he says that to everyone but there could be a cheap way out for ya if we know fully what ya have.

Comment

I just figured that if he is using SD Ram its probably a P3. Also, I said if its not fulfilling his uses. Some people would still be quite happy with a AMD K6-2 133 mhz with 32mb of RAM. :)

And calling me fatboy made me cry :cry:

: party ha

Comment

I thought I gave enough specs, but here's more:
          QDI mobo based on VIA KT133A with AGP 4x, 2 x 512 MO Ram (SD, 133), Athlon KP 1800+, 300 W noname power supply, lots of fans, 2 HDDs totalling 120 Go in ATA100, and this famous Radeon 9500 pro @ 9700.
          Thanks a lot for constructive answers, and here's another (the real ?) question: is my in-game graphics performance somehow bottleneck'd by my system ?? Do I fully use the graphics performance of the GPU ?? I'm used to play under 1024x768 with 2x FSAA and 2x Anisotropy when available...
          :geek:

Comment

Yep ya mobo and memory are both bottlenecks to the CPU and the video card.

Comment

Thanks dude , let's buy another PC...
              I'll take a shuttle or the like this time, probably a SN45G...:thumb:

Comment

Working...
              X