Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• amd athlon mobo

G'days

Its been a while since i posted gg holidays xmas etc : )

I would love to know in everyone's opinion what would be the greatest AMD board on the market today, or upcoming in a few months time. As I am hoping to purchase a new system soon.

At the moment am i thinking of the

Abit NF7-S V2.0 or the

Abit AN-7

could someone also distinguish what are the differences between them ?

All i can observe is that the an-7 has the raid function, which i am looking for in a mobo.

Much appreciated

Abit has very good MBs but I am very happy with Asus AMD MBs

The new Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe was only $122.00 US$ and is a extreemly well done board.

It will handle all the 266/333/400 AMD CPUs

It has 5.1 audio on board
    One Ethernet 10/100 KLan port
    One Ethernet 10/100/1000 Gigabit Lan port
    Two SATA = Raid 0 or 1 ports
    A special header for Asus WiFi-b wireless Lan card
    The BIOS is fairly friendly and the documentation is better than most

Check out http://www.nvidia.com/object/sysutility_1.0.html for info on a very interesting system level overclocking utility.

More on the WiFi-b: This is a very inexpensive wireless lan adapter by Asus that only costs $20 US. It can be seen here http://usa.asus.com/products/mb/even...ome/index.Html

Right now you can't go wrong with Mother Boards from Abit, MSI, or Asus as they all have some great products.

You might check out www.newegg.com as this site has very good descriptions of each product and there are links to user reviews of many of the items.

Comment

appreciate the time you have taken to reply.

i have read other motherboard guides referring to socket a.

it seems that the gigabyte boards are top class aswell, i guess i'll have to read on to gain a more informed decision.

thanks alot mate.

Comment

Abit, ASUS, EPoX, Gigabyte and MSI are all teir 1 manufacturers but I prefer to use EPoX boards especially when it comes to overclockin'.

Comment

Stay away from the AN7.

Go with the NF7-S.

Comment

Originally posted by Soulburner
            Stay away from the AN7.

Go with the NF7-S.
            As far as I could see, the diffrences between the NF7-S and AN7 were minor (IDE connector placement seemed about it). Why stay away frim the AN7? Did one go bad on you? I'd like to know because I was thinking about getting onr to replace my girlfreinds A7V-266-E that has caused me so much pain, and have had great experiences with my NF7-S.

Comment

GA-7NNXP

This is by far the best board that i have read about so far.

Second to DFi boards, yet this brand is still rather new to the market, and beating much competition already, as seen from toms hardware site.

Raid and SATA how convenient : )

Would anyone know an australian dealer who stocks and sells DFi mobo's ?

cheers

Comment

the reason i would have went with a-bit would be the price compared to gigabyte :D

Comment

Originally posted by m-kong
                  GA-7NNXP
                  This is by far the best board that i have read about so far.
                  Second to DFi boards, yet this brand is still rather new to the market, and beating much competition already, as seen from toms hardware site.
                  Raid and SATA how convenient : )
                  Would anyone know an australian dealer who stocks and sells DFi mobo's ?
                  Zone Computing
                  SecretNet
                  EYO
                  Adelong Computers
                  All these list that board but ya may want to look around at Nth. Rocks Computer Market on Sunday to see if ya can find a better deal.

Comment

Working...
                  X