Epox 8RDA+ 2.75v on 3.3v rail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epox 8RDA+ 2.75v on 3.3v rail

I put together my computer in early August: Epox 8rda+, latest bios, 2500+ 210x2 fsb @ 1.775v, Aero7+ heatsink, 512mb Geil pc3500 Ultra Platinum 6-3-3-2 @ 2.73v. I had an Allied 450w PSU and I thought that might be why I was getting 2.75v on my 3.3v rail so I got a Fortron 530w, but it didn't help at all, same 2.75v. I have 2 hard drives, 5 fans, and 3 ccfl's. None of the fans are plugged into my motherboard. Does anyone have any idea what my problem is? If any of you guys can help me with this it would be great. By the way this is my first post, I just joined up today.

PS. I'm going on vacation to PA, I'll be back on the 5th.

Theres no problem, the 8RDA+ reads your DDR voltage (VDIMM) for your 3.3v rail, thats why its not listed in the Bios etc

Welcome to TT :woot:

Comment

My USDM, which came with my mobo, shows VDIMM, which I thought was the RAM voltage, as 2.736 which is what it is supposed to be. Also Sisoftware Sandra and Motherboard monitor show it ias 2.75.
      If my 8rda+ shows my VDIMM as my 3.3v, is there any way to check and see what the 3.3v is? Thanks for the welcome : party ha

Comment

I really have no idea how to check the true 3.3v rail, I dont even know if you can. It may not be built into the sensoring.

Comment

Ok. Major bummer though. Thanks for your help. I looked around elsewhere and I guess that there is no way toe check the 3.3v on the 8rda+ :tears:

Comment

There seems to be a misconception here that VDIMM and the 3.3v rail are the same. This is not the case. Your VDIMM voltage is nothing more than the voltage going to the memory modules. The 3.3v rail is different.

Planatoid,
            You said you used SiSoft Sandra? Your EpoX mainboard should allow you to read the voltage from all rails with its onboard devices. After you open up Sandra, use the "Mainboard Information" module and it should give you the information you're looking for. Here is an example I took a screenshot of with my system:
            Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
            My Toys

Comment

Originally posted by Darthtanion
              There seems to be a misconception here that VDIMM and the 3.3v rail are the same. This is not the case. Your VDIMM voltage is nothing more than the voltage going to the memory modules. The 3.3v rail is different.
              No misconception at all, its a known thing with the 8RDA+ to read the Vdimm for the 3.3v rail, I know its two different things. Its something to do with the sensoring chip for it that does it, but when I had one it did the same thing and I found that instead of the 3.3v rail it shows the Vdimm in place

Comment

amd_man is right. I lowered my VDIMM voltage to my ram from 2.73v to 2.6v, and as you can very well see my 3.3v is also 2.6, more or less. Appearently there is no way to tell what the 3.3v rail is on the Epox 8RDA+ :tears:. Thanks anyways Darthtanion, on any other motherboard you would be correct.

Comment

Working...
                X