Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigayte GA-7VTXE MOTHERBOARD

Help have just built a pc with Ga-7VTXE Mother board AMD XP
    1600 cpu 256 MB DDR Memory,Jetway GF2 64MB Graphics card (4xAGP) I have the CLK jumper set to 133 .
    The pc was runing at 1400 and ok. I changed Hardware Monitor
    & Misc seting. CPU HOST CLOCK FROM By Jumper TO 161MHz.
    And now I have a blank screen & canot even get back into the BIOS to go back to my origanal settings.

Have I Blown the Graphics card , mother board, CPU. HELP:o :o :o

No - You've just set the FSB too high for your system to be able to handle. Look for a jumper to reset your BIOS and have another go. :)

Comment

Thankyou for your reply It makes me fell much beter but my motherboard is a Dual Bios & I thought it would boot from the backup if the first one failed. Allso it is a Jumperless Motherboard. A frend says I can remove the batery but this has made no difrence. What can i do next???:o

Comment

No motherboard is totally jumperless... Surely they'd be a jumper somwhere.

Comment

Malcolm,
          How long did you leave the battery out for? Usually, you'll want to leave it out for a bit before you toss it back in. I normally leave mine out for about 15 minutes or so and I've had good luck with it forcing the BIOS back to factory defaults.

Also, the secondary BIOS doesn't automatically boot. It will require a keystroke on the screen where you would normally enter the BIOS area of the system. There is a separate key to hit that allows you to enter that utility portion of the mainboard. From there, you can Flash your BIOS or restore from the secondary version.

Good luck!
          Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
          My Toys

Comment

Thankyou I have now reset my bios by holding down the insert key for 3 seconds. Which I Found on Gigabyte web site.
            But I am not happy I have all the corect settings because windows xp says my cpu is only 1400 gig.
            :confused: :confused: :confused:

Comment

That's perfectly fine. The XP1600+ does not run at 1.6GHz; it runs, and always will run the stock speed of 1.4GHz. It's a newer Performance Rating (PR) from AMD, started late last year. Your system is fine.

Comment

Yep Morgan's right there as all AthloXP's are PR rated to give the equivalent clockspeed performance of a T'bird Athlon which means though ya AthlonXP states that it's 1600+ it runs at 1.4GHz though giving the peformance of a 1.6GHz T'bird.
                <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

I thought the PR was comparing the Athlon with the P4.

Comment

A greatly missunderstood thing that but straight from AMD's mouth are the facts. They did have a better link but atm I can't find it. :smokin:
                    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Working...
                    X