Soltek SL-75DRV2 cpu limit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soltek SL-75DRV2 cpu limit.

I think this board has the Via KT-266A chipset and supports PC-2100 memory. This board should support all XP's as long as it uses the 266fsb and not higher right? Or is it possible to run faster 333fsb procs underclocked? What about cache, is there a limit to 256kb or what.. :?:

/thx members..

I have a kt266a mobo, and you cant run anything higher than 2600+ T-Breds and/or Palominos. No 333mhz (although it might be possible underclocked, but who knows). And no Bartons, aka, 256kb cache limit. You probably have to flash the BIOS to get it to recognize anything above a 1900 or 2000

Comment

Ok thx for the info Fatguy3, do they get outperformed by the NForce"1" boards..:?:

Comment

No, nforce1 I do believe sucked ass. For thier generation the Via 266A was the best chipset around. Finding the right mobo was hard. My mobo is horrible for overclocking, cuz it was cheap, and I can only change FSB and core voltage. My moms Abit KR7A is really sweet. The only problem is none of these mobos support locked AGP/PCI bus's. And thats whats usually the ceiling on our overclocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Fatguy3
          The only problem is none of these mobos support locked AGP/PCI bus's. And thats whats usually the ceiling on our overclocks.
          Yeah, I once forgot to lock the AGP on my Epox 8RDA3 and that caused my 1394 pci card to fail, It would not start.

Comment

Working...
          X