Custom BIOS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom BIOS?

Is there such things as custom BIOS's? BIOS's that might utilize the full potential of a board, or unlock some hidden settings like voltage or the like. just wondering because my current mobo a Gigabyte GA-8IR533 has no voltage changing options, somewhat limiting my overclock... if there was a custom bios that could give me more juice then i would be very grateful. anyone know of something like this?:confused:

Well would be fantastic to have such things. I mean, I have an Intel mobo, which doesn't let me do anything at all!
    Custom BIOS flashes would be great. Have to browse around on google and see what I can find.

Comment

arent they just bound to the manufactor. for example the nforce2 mobo, BIOS unlocks the multiplier..?#"$?!:?:

Comment

With Gigabyte mobo's when at the BIOS' main menu press "Ctrl + F1" and this should bring up a power options (overclockers) page if available with that board.

Comment

I stumbled into the American Megatrands webpage a while back looking for a BIOS update, and you could submit a request I believe for a customized BIOS, and they'd give you a quote on price... wasn't what I was looking for so I didn't look any deeper into it.... there it is...

http://www.esupport.com/biosupgrades/

think that's what it is....
          Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 Rev. 1.1
          AMD FX-4100 BE
          8GB G.Skill DDR3
          Radeon HD6870
          Soundblaster Recon3D Fatal1ty Pro
          Logitech G15
          Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium

Comment

Working...
          X