Intel or AMD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel or AMD

Hi I'm building a new computer and was planning on using an Asus P4C800-E Deluxe mobo, but always wanted to use AMD. I've never sued AMD so I'm not fimillar with them. What would macth or beat an Intell with 875 chip and 3.2 P4?

ATM stick with the Intel m8.

Comment

If your not an aussie you can try newegg.com and look up the amd64. But i don't think there are any good mobos for that cpu yet.
      CPU: Opteron 165 @ 311x9 - 2817.8 mhz - 1.47v
      Mobo: Abit KN8-SLI
      RAM: 2x512 Crucial Ballistic Tracers500 @ 202 mhz 2-2-2-5 T1
      GFX: Asus EAX1950pro @ 648/1408
      PSU: Thermaltake 500w
      SC: Audigy 2 zs
      LCD: 22' Samsung 225bw
      Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra
      Mouse: Logitech G5

Comment

Stick with the P4C800E but drop the 3.2 unless you plan on chilling it. The 2.4 will reach the same speed efforlessly on air cooling, and be faster at the same speed for a ton less money.

However, I would recommend to anyone planning to buy the 3.2 to wait for the 3.2 Extreme Edition.

On a side note, I hit 3.5ghz briefly today with my Aeroflow. :thumb:

Comment

*sigh am i jealous. (smart people like you, were smart enough to get anything but an intel mobo unlike me, stuck with this self called 865perl)

Comment

go with amd b/c it can have more clock cycles. just plain simple, if you have a lot of data but less ways to get in it's pointless to have a fast processor. true they don't move as fast but the new amd 64 will blow intel away. :shoot3:

Comment

Originally posted by Cpt.Crappy
              go with amd b/c it can have more clock cycles. just plain simple, if you have a lot of data but less ways to get in it's pointless to have a fast processor. true they don't move as fast but the new amd 64 will blow intel away. :shoot3:
              I think you need some schooling on this. Prior to the A64, Intel has been dominating AMD for some time now. Wait for their new processor, and we'll see some better competition.

It's funny to see how many AMD guys at my forum have been switching to Intel lately.

Comment

I think you need some schooling on this. Prior to the A64, Intel has been dominating AMD for some time now. Wait for their new processor, and we'll see some better competition.

Just remember horses for Courses mate. I have had my two Pc's with the Same Graphics card in. The Amd beats it by about 3K.

edit: I should mention that they both were clocked to the same speed ghz and had the same memory in.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil2094
                  Just remember horses for Courses mate. I have had my two Pc's with the Same Graphics card in. The Amd beats it by about 3K.

edit: I should mention that they both were clocked to the same speed ghz and had the same memory in.
                  Does your p4 tend to be the early version of the p4? Because if it is...that would explain it...

Comment

Originally posted by Neil2094

Um well tell us something we don't already know. You clocked them both at the same speed and you think thats a valid argument? Of course the AMD will win...obviously you haven't been a part of the high performance market as of late. The P4C/875/865 systems continually crush AMD.

Comment

Originally posted by AsianBatman
                      If your not an aussie you can try newegg.com and look up the amd64. But i don't think there are any good mobos for that cpu yet.

Gigabyte has launch its variety of Athlon 64 motherboards at www.overclock.co.uk

Comment

Anyone that buys a A64 system today must be crazy..

Comment

Tho I am an AMD person, Intel is the CPU to go with ATM (800FSB)

Sidenote-In a few weeks ill have an Abit IC7-G Max2 (i875p) and P4 2.4C runnin

Comment

Originally posted by amd_man2003
                            Tho I am an AMD person, Intel is the CPU to go with ATM (800FSB)

Sidenote-In a few weeks ill have an Abit IC7-G Max2 (i875p) and P4 2.4C runnin
                            You mean MAX3....

Comment

Nope, I meant Max2 http://www.abit-usa.com/products/mb/...ries=1&model=4

Comment

Working...
                              X