No announcement yet.

Asus P4SD-LA?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope that you know there are 2 diffrent ASUS P4SD-LA's.
    There is one with Intergrated graphics
    and there that does not have that.
    The link you posted for a bios update is the one that does NOT have the video. In my case i have the one with video. Even though i don't use it.:bounce2:

Comment

Re: Asus P4SD-LA?!

I've got a P4SD-LA from HP too. In a recent venture to improve the gaming performance of my computer, I replaced my piece of junk Nvidia Geforce MX 440 with a Nvidia Geforce 6800, and now I get stelar performance.

The Geforce 6800 is supposed to run Nvidia's 6-series demos like Nalu, Timbury, and Clear Sailing. These demos run like crap and I exceed all of Nvidia's requirements. Nvidia told me that I may need to update my AGP drivers or change my AGP aperture. HP told me (the idoits that they are) that to protect my computer from being ruined, the BIOS do not include an option to change AGP aperture. I also do not know where to find AGP drivers for this board. Anyone know of any?

Another possibility for the bad performance of these demos is my system RAM. After all, a computer is as strong as its weakest link. I have 512 MB PC2700 (2x 256MB). Pathetic isn't it. My system stats are below. Please tell me the fastest speed of RAM that I can take and whether or not it's worth selling what I have and buying new RAM. (Please bare in mind that I want 1 gig). Thanks for your help.

Stats:
      P4 2.6 Ghz HT
      512 Mb RAM (2x 256MB PC2700 DIMM)
      Nvidia Geforce 6800

Comment

I found your site looking for help. Thanks! I too have the P4SD-LA with no video. Just got it and upon first boot I'm getting a stop error 0x0000007B inaccessible boot device. I'm trying to use my old HD with windows 2000. I've tried with 95 also but it just goes to the curser. I'm not a fan of XP and would like to use 2000. I'm guessing that my board doesn't have the right HD controler. Please Any help?????? I'm not really smart when it comes to these things.

Comment

Originally posted by STI470
          I found your site looking for help. Thanks! I too have the P4SD-LA with no video. Just got it and upon first boot I'm getting a stop error 0x0000007B inaccessible boot device. I'm trying to use my old HD with windows 2000. I've tried with 95 also but it just goes to the curser. I'm not a fan of XP and would like to use 2000. I'm guessing that my board doesn't have the right HD controler. Please Any help?????? I'm not really smart when it comes to these things.
          Have you done a fresh install of 2K or are you trying to use an install from an old hardware setup?
          Troubleshooting Stop 0x0000007B or "0x4,0,0,0" Error

Comment

From an old setup that came with my old computer.

Thanks

Comment

Help???????

Comment

I've installed the windows 2000 disk as a slave in an xp machine and searched for viruses. There are none. Still get the stop error. With a windows 95 disk I can get a dos prompt and view the c drive. With a 98 disk I can get it to start in safe mode but get a windows protection error when I try normal mode. I really don't want to buy XP, any suggestions? Will linux work?
                Thanks

Comment

95 is a no go on this motherboard, 2000, I have used it on this motherboard before, and it will need a fresh install. Also this is sepherum2ya, i just picked up a new name.. Linux will work indeed, I've ran Mandrake 8.2 on it, the only problems are it has no sound driver, and unless you have high speed internet.. Generally Win Modems on a linux os.. is also a no go. hope I help

Comment

Working...
                  X