Asus P4SD-LA?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shad1097
    I think I might be getting a good deal on a 2.5 Pentium 4 but it's a 533 bus can I still use pc3200 memory?
    You sure can

Comment

Can you use PC4200 533MHZ DDR? I found a duel DDR 4200 512mb kit for $106.00 Would that be a better match?
      Here's a 1 gig kit of 3200 duel channel DDR: http://www.komusa.com/1gbkit5pc40d4.html

Comment

Well I am using the board now currently it isn't too bad. I skimped and am using PC2700 memory for now I will be getting some 3200 DDR dual channel in a month or so.:smokin:

Comment

You can use memory that fast, but it won't
          run at that speed, it will just underclock it self. If you purchase memory that fast, it will only benifit you if you overclock it, it'll be easier to overclock.

Comment

Just so you know...

It takes a Northwood Celeron about 3.2Ghz...

....to keep up with a P4 1.8a in gaming...

Comment

Originally posted by Soulburner
              Just so you know...

It takes a Northwood Celeron about 3.2Ghz...

....to keep up with a P4 1.8a in gaming...
              Due to their low amount of cache. :yuc:

Comment

Other applications they are very close but due to the way the coding works during gaming, the Celeron takes a huge hit.

Comment

I would never recommend a celeron for anything. Every machine that I have ever been on that had a celeron was slower, and the stability just seemed worse. And it's always aggrivated me, so I would never get a celeron... Terrible!

Comment

I was running a socket 370 700 mhz celeron overclocked for about a year it died very quickly.
                    I think the older celery's are junk. I would go with a AMD before I did the celery again.

Comment

hey shad1097,

You have the same motherboard as i do, and from your specs it seems that you custom built yours. Where did you buy this motherboard?

Comment

I didn't buy the M/B I just so happen to work in the computer repair business and the M/B I got was defective it had the video and audio issues on it also it was non-returnable so I couldn't return it to the parts vendor so it would normally sit in our storage warehouse for years. I checked with my local boss he told me if I wanted it keep it since it would just sit in the warehouse collecting dust. I was told if they did need it for inventory purposes I would have to give it back but he thought it would be unlikely. I needed a upgrade from my old P III so I thought why not. Worst case if they want it back I will have to buy a new M/B but I don't think they will. All together this system cost me less than $300 to build since I had some parts from my older PIII 700 pc.
                        I took the old pc and I threw in a old Voodoo3 card and I just have to come up with a audio card and I'll sell it probably for about $125 or so.

Comment

Sepherum2ya,
                          Did you ever find an answer to your initial request for a BIOS update? I have a HP PC876x mutimedia computer that has the same motherboard , FSB and processor as yours. I did find a BIOS upgrade on the HP website by searching for the PC876x. It took me to V3.18 but also turned on a search for a CPU fan which this computer does not have (case fan & duct). I just installed an additional CPU fan to the MB and it allowed th PC to start.
                          If you need more info on finding the BIOS upgrade let me know and I could proably replicate what I did and give you a HTTP address.

Comment

For the V3.18 bios upgrade
                            Try this link: http://h20015.www2.hp.com/en/softwar...etype=software
                            I just searched on the m300y media center pc it has the same MB.

Oh and this looks like a good deal on 2x256mb 512 MB of PC 4200 533mhz dual channel DDR memory: http://komusa.com/51kit2pc53du.html Only $106.

Comment

i'm sorry, i have no need for that link.

But i have learned on how to overclock your "ASUS P4SD-LA"!
                              Download the Application "SoftFSB" and you could even buy it to get rid of the annoyances"
                              The Motherboard will not be listed.
                              BUT, the PLL will be!:)
                              On my motherboard the PLL is: ICS 952606
                              I selected that one.
                              Now, the PLL is diffrent so it requires you to use the "FineTuning" section.
                              So click the button.
                              Then just change your speeds from there!
                              I clocked my at a 3.0+ but it didn't work well, just froze a few seconds after i exited, so i rebooted. But I know it works becasue i have ran benchmarks while overclocked!
                              I hope it works for you guys! I'm trying to get the developer to list the motherboard as it's name.

Comment

the links on the left can prolly take you to the bios downloads - mine is the 3gig cpu but the mobo shares the same name

hope this helps

Comment

Working...
                                X