No announcement yet.

changing boot drives on Asus A7N8X Deluxe??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• changing boot drives on Asus A7N8X Deluxe??

What are the exact steps to go into the Asus A7N8X Deluxe motherboard BIOS and change it to boot from whatever drive you specify? (example: if you want to boot off a bootable floppy, you have to change the bootable drive to a:.....if you want to boot off a CD such as win xp you have to change it to boot off the cd drive.) I need to know these steps so that I can change it anytime I want!
    Here are my specs:
    System Specs: ATX generic case with Antec 550 watt power supply. ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Motherboard. Western Digital 7,200 RPM 40 gig IDE Hard Drive.(NTFS- file system) AMD Athlon XP 2600 processor.(standard fan and heatsink-Thoroughbred Core-standard speed-NO OVERCLOCK) 1 gig of Samsung DDRAM(PC 2700- 333 mhz....2-512mb sticks running in dual channel mode).Ati Radeon 8x 9600 XT (8x is enabled on motherboard). Soundblaster Audigy 2 sound card. Motorola sb 5100 cable modem (Insight Communications-Cable Connection) BenQ 16x DVD- RECORDER.(records -R/-RW or +R/+RW and CD-R formats) LG 52x32x52 CD Burner. Zip 100 internal drive and a generic 3.5 floppy drive. Windows XP Professional Operating System. I also have a HP Deskjet 3520 inkjet printer and a KDS X Flat 17 inch CRT monitor.

The second one down, under Standard CMOS setup, soz I cant remember the menus title ATM

Comment

Actually it should be under Advanced BIOS Features and ya'll have 1st boot device, 2nd boot device, 3rd boot device and other boot device. Mine are setup as floppy 1st, CDROM 2nd, HDD0 3rd (your's here will likely be either SCSI or SATA with the Raptor) with the other disabled.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggo
        Actually it should be under Advanced BIOS Features and ya'll have 1st boot device, 2nd boot device, 3rd boot device and other boot device. Mine are setup as floppy 1st, CDROM 2nd, HDD0 3rd with the other disabled.
        DUH! Dont know why I couldnt remember that name :o

Comment

I need the steps to get INTO the BIOS! Do I hit f8 on startup or what?
          Here are my specs:
          System Specs: ATX generic case with Antec 550 watt power supply. ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Motherboard. Western Digital 7,200 RPM 40 gig IDE Hard Drive.(NTFS- file system) AMD Athlon XP 2600 processor.(standard fan and heatsink-Thoroughbred Core-standard speed-NO OVERCLOCK) 1 gig of Samsung DDRAM(PC 2700- 333 mhz....2-512mb sticks running in dual channel mode).Ati Radeon 8x 9600 XT (8x is enabled on motherboard). Soundblaster Audigy 2 sound card. Motorola sb 5100 cable modem (Insight Communications-Cable Connection) BenQ 16x DVD- RECORDER.(records -R/-RW or +R/+RW and CD-R formats) LG 52x32x52 CD Burner. Zip 100 internal drive and a generic 3.5 floppy drive. Windows XP Professional Operating System. I also have a HP Deskjet 3520 inkjet printer and a KDS X Flat 17 inch CRT monitor.

Comment

it should show what you need to press to get into setup (BIOS) at the time of boot.
            if it is too fast for you to read then press [pause] at the time of boot. this will hold the whole boot process. you can easily read what is written on the screen from there. once you know what to press, hit [enter] key and the boot process will start again.
            now hit the key that is needed to enter the BIOS. usually it is [del] or [F2] that is needed to be pressed to enter the BIOS, but i don't know specifically about A7N8X.
            Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
            Last Updated:
            10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
            ======================
            jabber : [email protected]
            =======================
            Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
            yabaa dabaa doo...
            Customized for 1024x768

Comment

It should be the Delete key.

Comment

Working...
              X