a different MOBO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a different MOBO

I have a 1.0 ghz t-bird and an 1800+ pali and over 1 gig of pc133 sdram sitting on my shelf, i want a different mobo, what do you suggest.

thanks
    Night

on an asus nf2 board latest revision, dual matching moduals of ram, voila'........cpu upgradable from there........put the other in a shuttle :thumb:

Comment

Yes if ya plannin' on a good decent mobo then leave the SDRAM on the shelf as it only strangles those CPU's, a DDR based mobo is the go and an nForce2 mobo is the way to go.

Comment

but if i wanted to use them which one would you suggest?

i cant buy a mobo & ram yet.

Comment

ASUS A7V266 will work I think. Just double check on the t-bird. probably pick one up for $40US on eBay.

Comment

PC133 SDRAM not DDR SDRAM

Comment

I had an a7v266 and it used sdram if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

I though that sdram was 168 pin with two notches in the slot and ddr sdram was 184 pin with 1 slot?

how do it fit?

Comment

Nevermind. My board wasn't the KT266 chipset because that IS ddr only. Not sure what it was in that case, but it definitely was an asus.

Comment

granted the kt266 chipset will support pc/ddr sdram its the ram sockets that wont work.

Comment

The ALi Magik and SiS 745 are the only two chipsets that I've seen for AMD K7 systems that actively support either memory but neither are what I'd call power systems and both have their own querks to which I recommend ppl stay away from if possible.

Comment

so wiggo what would you use? if you wanted to use the sdram with the 1800+ pali.

I know that ill be killing the speed with the sdram but right now im not in the position to buy very much. i have to have a new mobo 'cause my ga-7zxr crapped out on me and i dont know yet if gigabye is going to fix it. and right now i'm a little tired of chasing technology, it gets a little two pricey.

thanks
                        night

p.s. when i get to buy more i'll just put this stuff into my sons rig.

Comment

unless you buy something that uses that memory, at a different cost...........

Comment

Originally posted by Nightstalker
                            I though that sdram was 168 pin with two notches in the slot and ddr sdram was 184 pin with 1 slot?

how do it fit?
                            It has both types of mem sockets

Comment

Working...
                            X