Opinion: What's the best 800Mhz FSB Motherboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinion: What's the best 800Mhz FSB Motherboard

Just want to get an idea on what ppl r using in there 800Mhz rigs. Been doing a lot of online research and wanted to see what the hardcores on this site felt.

Thanks

Get the right springdale motherboard and you can get p.a.t. for less money:thumb: I think Abit have a good one but i could be wrong .....memorys a bit fuzzy today

Comment

Ungod.Com: Abit's IS7-G, IC7-G and IC7-MAX3 are all great boards, as good as anything else out there.

Comment

Originally posted by rugbydude
        Get the right springdale motherboard and you can get p.a.t. for less money:thumb: I think Abit have a good one but i could be wrong .....memorys a bit fuzzy today
        Except PAT on the 865 boards doesn't work when overclocked. As soon as you do, its disabled. It is not true PAT, it is only emulated so to speak.

The best are from ASUS and Abit:

865 Springdale:
        ASUS P4P800
        Abit IS7

875 Canterwood:
        ASUS P4C800
        Abit IC7 and IC7 MAX3

The Canterwoods will be faster as their PAT gives them about 5% more memory bandwidth, or around 200-400mb/s. For reference the top 3DMark ORB scores are pretty much all P4C800s.

The Abits have memory and divider issues, however they are resolving them with BIOS updates (hopefully). The new IC7 MAX3 seems to have fixed these problems but it is the most expensive board of all at around $225.

Comment

ive got the asus p4s800 and so far ive been pretty happy with it. ive been able to overclock pretty close to 3ghz from my 2.4 and its pretty easy to work on and all, but i dont have much to compare it to, but no complaints. its also pretty cheap. i think it runs around 100 US$....but im not sure

Comment

Dude:

What seetings did you use in your O'clock of the P4C800....aprts arrive next week.

Jack

Comment

i dont have a p4c800 i have the p4s800. stock voltage, slowed the ram down a bit and just pushed the fsb up. couldnt lock the agp and pci though

Comment

ASUS or any one that as 875 Chipset...only way to go!!!

Comment

If you are serious about overclocking get a 875 mobo (like ABIT) that allows you to hold down a key to start if the mobo wont start normally.

Some motherboards require you to clear CMOS with a jumper and believe me it gets tiresome veeery quickly.

Anyone with some suggestions on how to do it on the MSI NEO 875 without clearing CMOS??!

: omg:

Comment

Originally posted by TGV-Wasp
                    If you are serious about overclocking get a 875 mobo (like ABIT) that allows you to hold down a key to start if the mobo wont start normally.

Some motherboards require you to clear CMOS with a jumper and believe me it gets tiresome veeery quickly.

Anyone with some suggestions on how to do it on the MSI NEO 875 without clearing CMOS??!

: omg:
                    The ASUS boards reset their settings if you can't boot....as soon as you restart, you can get back into the BIOS and make changes.

Also, the MAX3 appears to still have the divider problems the previous Abit boards have been plagued with. Therefore, the P4C800E is still the king of the 875 boards.

Comment

yeah that self resetting bios thing is REALLY handy

Comment

Working...
                      X