help with my motherboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with my motherboard

:bounce: hi folks, just need a bit of help with my motherboard. i have a asus a7n8x-la board, and wish to upgade the processor!!! does anybody know what's the fastest processor this board can handle. i have a 2800 xp athlon at the mo, will this take a 3200 i wonder???

cheers jamie

yes

Comment

Don't bother wasting all that money on a 3200+..

Turn your 2800+ up a bit, 200x11 (2200mhz) for starters, and it will be the same thing. The 2800 is where it starts getting good, I would keep what you have.

BTW it can go a lot farther than that, you will just have to see how much your board will allow.

Comment

my 2500+ can do 200x10 speed or i believe that is 3000+ speed. but too hot. jsut need to wait till i lap that volcano 7+

dont get new cpu, ur cpu is alrady pretty top line. just get a better coolking system and OC to 3200 + speed:thumb:

Comment

Yeah dude the 2800 is fine, and to tell you the truth you won't see that much of a differance with the 3200, although we all know it is most certainly better. Just overclock if you want. You shouldn't even have to as your processor is very good. If you are that rich just buy a lot of good CD's, or DVD's, or pr0n, or something that will give you some good use :D

Comment

3200 speed would be 200x11. 200x10 is only 2ghz.

Comment

Originally posted by XBoy
              Yeah dude the 2800 is fine, and to tell you the truth you won't see that much of a differance with the 3200, although we all know it is most certainly better. Just overclock if you want. You shouldn't even have to as your processor is very good. If you are that rich just buy a lot of good CD's, or DVD's, or pr0n, or something that will give you some good use :D

hi mate, my motherboard will not let me adjust any speed settings, dam!!!! would i have to change my bios?? my board is asus a7nx8-la.

thanks jamie

Comment

Originally posted by jamieruthven

hi mate, my motherboard will not let me adjust any speed settings, dam!!!! would i have to change my bios?? my board is asus a7nx8-la.

thanks jamie
                Yes it does...the settings for FSB are in your BIOS.

Comment

You have got to set it to Expert mode to change anything :)

Comment

:bounce: hi folks, just need a bit of help with my motherboard. i have a asus a7n8x-la board, and wish to upgade the processor!!! does anybody know what's the fastest processor this board can handle. i have a 2800 xp athlon at the mo, will this take a 3200 i wonder???

cheers jamie
                    i was wondering the same thing?? so you can put the 3200 in but you all are saying to just overclock the 2800.. well i guess my next question is how do you over clock?? and good sites that will walk you thru it?? also on the hp site it says my fsb is 333/400.. but i was told it was 233/333.. so what exactly is it??anyone know?? thanks

Comment

Would this PC of your's be a name brand one? :?:
                      As it seems to be the same class of mobo as the ASUS P4SD-LA which neither can I find on ASUS's website but I do know that the P4SD-LA is an OEM mobo made by ASUS for name brand PC manufacturers (HP is a big custumer of this board) and it doesn't come with any overclockin' options.

Comment

This thread is older than my shorts.. :spam:

Comment

Originally posted by The__tweaker
                          This thread is older than my shorts.. :spam:
                          It is isn't it. :rofl:
                          But after the last post made me realise that I missed this I was curious as to this ASUS A7N8X-LA mobo and I may learn something from it if jamieruthven replies. :shrug:

Comment

Will someone please tell me how to adjust my Mboards Speed settings???

Comment

Working...
                            X