Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much electricity does the CPU takes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much electricity does the CPU takes?

Sorry if I've posted in the wrong section. But I'm curious to know. I always leave my pc on overnight. But I'm wondering does it uses much electricity? Could someone give me an example like same usage as the TV or fluorescent light or a 2 horse power aircond? Thanks..:bounce:

depending on what is ion your PC, its pretty safe to assume that its about (2) 60 watt lighbulbs burning.

Comment

I have a 2 GHz prosessor, 256MB DDRAM, Geforce2 MX400. But does it take as much as the air cond usage? So I guess the CPU doesn't use that much right as a 120 Watt bulb? BTW what if it's compared to a 43" TV? oh ya I always off my monitor when I'm away..does this helps to save electricity? Hope to get a reply. Sorry If I'm a noob..:hammer:

Comment

your computer doesn't use nearly as much electricity as an AC unit or a TV. Your monitior (assuming it's a CRT) uses up the most electricity, which is comparable to a TV. So if you leave your box running 24/7 it's not going to send your electricity bill soaring.

Comment

Probably in the range of <$1 a month.
          It costs more to leave lights on in rooms when you are not occupying them.

Chez

Comment

Working...
          X