A7N8X DEL Ver 2.0 UBER bios or ASUS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A7N8X DEL Ver 2.0 UBER bios or ASUS?

I was wondering if it is a good idea to run the UBER bios's out there or just use the ASUS ones.

I have never used any other bios's than the ones via the ASUS automatic bios program.

Any pros, cons. I know they give you extra options, but is it worth it?

Thanks,
    Chez

I dunno, but I've been pretty happy with the ones released by ASUS. They have enough options that I havn't even considered looking for a BIOS from anyone else.

Comment

Thats where I am at. Alhtough I see a lot of people that say UBER this UBER that and am just wondering if they use it just because everyone else does, or there are options there that are beneficial.

I did download a few UBER bios's from one of the posts someone posted here. I then winrared it and read the read me file to see what changes there were and didn't see anything that would personally benefit me in anyway.
      But that doesn't mean it wouldn't, I just don't know how it would.

Maybe someone has some more info on how it would.
      Chez

PS Minibubba, can you e-me [email protected]. I have a ? or 2. Thanksbubbamasta'

Comment

hmmm... BubbaMasta' ....that's first! :laugh:
        I've been called a lot of things before, but never that (many of them weren't quite a plesent though... ;) )
        Anyway, check your inbox.

:cheers:

Comment

im running the Uber 1005 bios i have no problems with it at all it really does not matter which one you get, but its a good idea to update it to 1005 if you already have not

Comment

It may be a good idea to wait, or do it now. Depends on who you are and how you feel about BETA products.

Just wanted to clearify this for those out there. It is still beta.
            Also, the newest isn't always NEEDED per-se.
            If you read the changes made to a bios. Sometimes it is clearly NOTHING in regards to your system, or its needs. Such as a "new" update that allows use of a cyrix chip or something.

Just wanted to put that out there.

Chez :cheers:

Comment

Originally posted by Chezman29
              It may be a good idea to wait, or do it now. Depends on who you are and how you feel about BETA products.

Just wanted to clearify this for those out there. It is still beta.
              Also, the newest isn't always NEEDED per-se.
              If you read the changes made to a bios. Sometimes it is clearly NOTHING in regards to your system, or its needs. Such as a "new" update that allows use of a cyrix chip or something.

Just wanted to put that out there.
              OK 1st off there is only one beta BIOS out there for the A7N8X and its 1005.002, but 1005, 1003, 1004 are NOT BETA so i dont know where you are getting this beta stuff from... also the fixes that the new bios provide are insignificant for most people but they do offer Fixes and new selections in the bios, and sometimes these are often not listed officially.

Comment

Working...
              X