next big amd motherboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• next big amd motherboard

There hasn't been a new chipset out for amd motherboards in a while...it's been a while since the nforce2.

When's the nforce3 coming out? What'd VIA doing?

I'm afraid of buying an A7N8X Deluxe and a new better motherboard coming out a month later.

the Athlon64 is coming out near the end of sptember so that's probably going to be what the next batch of chipsets are geared for

Comment

Well yes the Athlon 64 will be released in mid September and use the nForce3 chipset (the Opteron is currently out and uses the nForce3 Pro chipset) but VIA has now its KT600 chipset out for Athlon XP's though it's still no match for the nForce2.

Comment

so september is when everyone will be upgrading, huh. Perfect--it coincides nicely with Half-Life 2...a reason a lot of us will be upgrading anyway.
        :p

Comment

I don't think the CPU is gonna be as big of a deal with HL2 as much as the graphics card you use. Obviously, you don't want a Pentium 133, but having a good graphics card will do a lot more for you than a faster CPU.

Comment

:)
            thanks 4 the heads up on the 64. Ill have to watch 4 those boards and things
            Thought I read about them some where om AMD site
            More for the server systems,
            I was lead to belive. not 4 the home PC
            Or is it ??

:shrug:

Comment

yep, 64 bit is coming to the home PC this september

Comment

When will Intel have their 64-bit proc out to compete with the AMD proc. (besides the Itanium cuz that's for businesses)

Comment

don't know, maybe they are waiting to see if it will sink or swim in the home user market

...but Intel may regret that if it does catch on and AMD steals much of the market share (if they are in-fact waiting to see how 64-bit plays out)

Comment

The Opteron seems to have already outsold Intels Itanic 2 in the time it's been available.

Comment

Is it a good idea to wait for the Athlon 64 before upgrading or at the release date it will be too expensive?? Will it compare to the high end parts like the 3200+ and big mobo or will it be more like buying a 1500$ system now??

I probably shoult trade my TNT 2 32 meg for something faster, that would help alot!! (1800 3D mark 2001 SE)lol

Comment

I think A64 will be the high-end desktop, and the 32-bit Athlons will be the value segment. AMD won't be just dropping the 32-bit platform the instant A64 is out.

Comment

yeah, i guess when athlon 64 comes out, what I will probly end up doing is buying myself a nice high end xp, since they will go down in price.

the latest and greatest mobo and cpu (and ram) will probably be too expensive for me.

Comment

The Opteron seems to have already outsold Intels Itanic 2 in the time it's been available.
                            WHERE DO YOU GET YOUR INFO? www.iloveamd.com or what!?
                            no flippin way opteron outsold itanium2 ALREADY i wont argu over performance though. i seen easily over 50,000 itaniums in one building i was wireing no way amd can pump out that kind of numbers (i was wireing a datacenter btw)
                            asfor intel 64bit, i dont think there gona, not yet, they might have something on the backburner, cuz 32bit prog. operate like **** on itaniums. u only NEED 64bit for cad and 'thinking' programs, where they hypothisis situations, like a plaincrash or something. i doubt 64bit will provide any sort of performance increase another 500mhz couldnt fix. not to mention u need registerd ecc dimm's with nforce 3 PRO's there expensive and dont OC worth a ****.
                            another solutiuon amd should increased R&D on is the athlon MP, i think that was a winning idea.they had 4ghz last year with that.

Comment

the www.iloveamd.com link doesn't work.

Comment

Working...
                              X