No announcement yet.

Who's got the best ddr333, AMD mobo? ATA133 a must, natural

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah but when will the board be available for sale?

Comment

Anytime now as it has officially been released now. ;)

Comment

Ok I understand that the KT333 has been officially released but what is the difference and when will the KT333A chipdet be released.
        Thanks

Comment

As to what differences and the release of the KT333A chipset is something that is yet to be found out as very little has been said about it. :smokin:
          <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

I saw a review over at toms hardware, and to my mind it was pretty disappointing. Very little improvement in performance over a KT266A. For the extra dosh you'd have to fork out, why bother ?

Anyway, the Gigabyte was easly the best performing board. Even the reference board from VIA was unstable.

Comment

;) as always.......fortunately, my earlier need is on hold for the moment..............hang'm loose maybe the best policy.

Ya know it never hurts to plan ahead......... I did a little tonite on my own rig. After reading Mr T's ditty on IBM's, and it's not the first I've heard of it.... I add a 20gig Maxtor Queit drives, 7200rpm-
              ata 133/100. I'm figurin that if I use this for important company files and my OS, I could save myself a lot of head aches when one of the ibm's bail on me. Besides, I read a review a couple of months ago, comparing it to the IBM raid configuration......from what I remember the actual deleivery was pretty similar. Although that may have been at ata133 or on a 133 mobo, can't remember........what ever, alittle faster drive for the next gen mobo I get down the road. As for the Maxtor drives....I've have a couple, and they've served me almost as well as my three big foots......hehehehe the old big foots are going on 4-5 years old.

thanks for the input, excellent as ever. : party ha

Comment

Well by the looks of this http://www.digitimes.com/NewsShow/Ar...=02&seq=10 you may not even see the KT333A chipset. ;)

And yes Dlab there's very little difference between the KT266A and KT333 performance wise under normal circumstances as the CPU can only use as much bandwidth as its FSB is set at but some gains can been seen when other DMA hardware is accessing the memory and not cutting the CPU's requirement down as they use the additional bandwidth provided. :smokin:
                <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Well one must remember that the KT333 will only strut its stuff when used with a 166MHz FSB - the KT266A is only officially specced up to 133MHz (what boards support though is something different) LOL
                  What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

;)

Comment

Working...
                    X