Can anyone help, please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone help, please?

I'm having major problems with putting together my new PC. Here's the setup:

Pentium 4 3.00 Ghz 800 FSB
    Gigabyte 8KNXP
    Antec True 480 W PS
    Crucial 512MB PC3200 x 2
    ATI AIW 9700 Pro
    WD 200 GB 7200 RPM ATA HD
    PIONEER A05 DVD-R/RW
    SONY 16X DVD-ROM

When I hook everything up and boot up, the fan start spinning, but I get no beeps whatsoever from the MB. The screen is black. Have tried everything: double-checked the cpu to make sure it's well-seated, tried one stick of RAM instead of two (although I haven't tried all the DIMM slots), cleared CMOS, made sure there are no shorts, made sure the AGP card is seated properly

I've narrowed the problem down to the MB, RAM, or CPU. Dead CPU is pretty uncommon so it's probably the MB or RAM...just bought myself the Abit IC7-G to try..

Does anyone here have any other ideas? Thanks so much...

it could also be the power supply

get a multimeter and make sure that it is putting out all the correct volts

Comment

Thanks, for the idea, will try it...

Comment

I had a problem like that. I had the clip on my heatsink on backwards to start with. Then I had another problem like that, and my cpu was dead.

Comment

i hope it's not the cpu! the 15% restocking fee sucks...or mayby newegg won't charge it if the thing is defective...I've never returned anything before...

Comment

:afro: I'm having the same problem but with an ecs motherboard! Please help
            Nothin.

Comment

Originally posted by Bithmus
              I had a problem like that. I had the clip on my heatsink on backwards to start with. Then I had another problem like that, and my cpu was dead.
              U have athlon, he has P4.... P4 cpu cannot go on backwards.

Comment

I Kow this may sound stupid
                Did you connect the case wires??

Comment

Working...
                X