No announcement yet.

Please Help Which chip can I put in...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help Which chip can I put in...

an Asus A7pro Via KT333. I currently have an Athlon 1ghz in there at the moment and am getting a brand new system soon, but wish to upgrade just my processor for the time being.
    What is a decent upgrade I can put in their without breaking the bank, I`m only really looking for a 1.5 - 2.0 ghz.

Many Thanks

1.5-2.0 GHz or 1500+ - 2000+? If you want something in around the 2.0 GHz range you will be looking at a 2400+. I would suggest going with the 2500+ Barton at 1.8GHz.

http://www17.tomshardware.com/cpu/20...lon_xp-08.html

Comment

Sounds good to me, but will it definitely fit that board, as I heard somewhere that it has a range of 550 to 1ghz.

Comment

Having done a simple search with Google (cpu for Asus A7pro) it looks as though your original info is prolly correct. From what I can see the board only officially supports cpus up to the Duron 1ghz.
        Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

Originally posted by [size=6
          Marlowe1899[/size]]
          an Asus A7pro Via KT333.
          Well ya've something wrong there as the A7pro is a VIA KT133 and not a more modern KT333 based one in which case ya at the limit of what is supported already (Thunderbird and Spitfire cores up to 1GHz) so ya'd need a new motherboard to progress further and I'd suggest an nForce2 based one which will also require ya memory be updated as well (as not only is SDRAM a bottleneck but quality modern mobos don't support it).

Comment

Ah yes had i known it was a KT133 and not a KT333 i wouldnt have suggested those. Im to lazy to use the google search tool bar which i specifically downloaded for times like those:o

Go with an ECS board... cant go wrong on the 2 SD slots and 2 DDR slots... :snip:

haha no do not buy ECS!! go with an nForce2 as wiggo said. I believe Asus makes a quality one, but ive had nothing bet good experiances with the Epox 8RDA+ systems ive build.

Comment

Working...
            X