GeIL PC3500 433MHz DDR SDRAM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GeIL PC3500 433MHz DDR SDRAM

Geil (http://www.geilusa.com) asked if I would post some details about their new "PC3500" memory - We have a PC3200 sample on the way for review, keep an eye open for that!

Hand Picked 6ns GEIL GL2000 Chips

Pure Copper Heat Spreader

Lifetime Warranty

6 Layer Ultra Low Noise Shilded PCB

Available in up to 512MB Module

184pin

32x8 Low Denisty, Unbuffered

CAS 2.5 6-3-3 2T

2.6v-2.9V
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

And it comes with clear acrylic case and instructions...
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

copper heat spreaders are interesting, i wonder how it will compeat against the rest?

Comment

Wow! They really dress that thing up. I'd be curious to see how well that thing goes up in the FSB.

Comment

6ns chips - so it's really just Oc'd PC2700

...it never seems quite right to me when PC3000 or 3200 or 3500 is the stated speed , and it's really Oc'd PC2100 or 2700

If someone sold me a p4 2.0GHz - and it was really an Oc'd 1.7 - I'de be pretty pissed

but I guess when there's no JEDEC std past PC2700 yet - you can call it whatever you want:rolleyes:

Comment

Could you post the settings that you used for passive and aggressive, also voltages used (2.6?). Have you done any test to see how far you could take the samsung?
            Cheers
            Trevor

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor
              Could you post the settings that you used for passive and aggressive, also voltages used (2.6?). Have you done any test to see how far you could take the samsung?
              Cheers
              Trevor
              Agressive = 2-2-2-5 1T

Passive = 2.5-3-3-6 2T

Voltage 2.65v (as this is what i have heard to be the DDR-400 spec to come out at)

Just doing some initial tests, 440Mhz was what i hit that loaded windows

going to do further tests, I have just recieved new Geil DDR-433 (PC3500) so I will see what this baby can do

Comment

Sounds like nice ram :)
                Did you try increasing the CPU fast command decode to fast/ultra to see how the samsung responded at the aggressive setting?
                I could not see in your photos, does samsung use its own pcbs or a 3rd party pcb?

Cheers
                Trevor

Comment

Fast Command wasn't avalible on the board we used

They use their Own PCB. its a 6 layer Noise reduction PCB.

Does ok

I now have my hands on Geil DDR-433. This stick is looking better for testings

Iw ill let you all know when i have the review up

Comment

Working...
                  X