RAM BIOS Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAM BIOS Options

Just curious as to what options in the bios for memory configuration should be set to enabled, disabled, default or auto. And why if possible.

I have hyundai electronics ram,(who woulda known its called innix on the label) 512mb ddr pc3200 200mhz, two of these for 1024ddr ram.

Now for the options in the bios.

RAM Ratio - 1:1 (isnt this best for performence?)
    DRAM Over 4G Remapping - Disabled
    Bank Interleaving - Auto
    Node Interleaving - Auto
    Burst Length - 4 Beats (now it says for 64bit something, you have to have it set to 4 beats and not 8, is this talking about running windowsx64?)
    CAS Latency(CL) - Auto
    TRC - Auto
    TRFC - Auto
    TRCD - Auto
    TWR - Auto
    TRWT - Auto
    TRAS - Auto
    TRP - Auto
    TWCL - Auto
    AsyncLat - Auto
    Read Preamble Setting - Auto
    2T Command - Enabled

Another thing, what do all of those abbreviations mean, and when someone says im running my ram @ 200mhz with 3-3-3-8 timings, which of those are to be changed to run those timings and how would I get my ram to run at 200mhz?

Thanks for any help~
    KhaosWolf
    Last edited by KhaosWolf; 12-13-2005, 01:58 AM.

Re: RAM BIOS Options

This is your second thread regarding BIOS questions that I have seen. Since these discussions can get more than a little long winded, I would recommend checking out the BOG (BIOS Optimization Guide) over at www.rojakpot.com as it is one of the best I've seen around. Adrian and his crew have done a very good job of covering a vast majority of the possible settings within the BIOS and also discuss why they are good or not.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Ok, theres so many different ram numbers to put in. When someone says my rams 200mhz, 3-3-3-8 timings, what are these named so i can change them accordlingy?

Comment

The RAM speed will usually be a result of the processor's FSB or base clock (AMD K8s), so at a 1:1 FSB:RAM ratio, you would have it at 200MHz to have RAM at 200MHz. The 3-3-3-8 would be in the form tCAS-tRCD-tRP-tRAS. The first three numbers should be as low as the RAM can handle. TRAS should be a certain number for Athlon 64 and Opteron systems (depends on the chipset), CAS + tRP + 2 for Socket A systems, and right around 5 for most Pentium 4 systems, though with those you may want to do testing of your own.

Comment

When do you know to increase ddr voltage? I have it set to 2.6v (lowest i can go) and the computer runs fine with 9multi/245fsb and its was set at the 1.4volts default for my amd 64 3200+. But i increased it to 1.425 just because well i increased the fsb higher than the orig 200 and the 10 multi.

Just wondering since i did that for the cpu should i up the ddr voltage a bit to the next setting of 2.7?

Comment

When you increase the speed or decrease latencies you should increase voltage. I'd suggest you run memtest when it's necessary to determine whether or not the RAM is stable at the current speed, latencies, and voltage. You can find memtest in my signature.

Comment

memtest doesnt work with windows64bit?

Comment

Memtest isn't a Windows program...

Comment

i know its a dos program but i dont have dos installed on my computer... i cant make the bootup floppy disk because it wont run under x64, even set the compatibility to windows xp

Comment

You don't have access to a computer running a 32-bit version of Windows?

Strange that the disk creator doesn't work under 64-bit...

Comment

well to be honest even if it did I couldn't use it anyway I dont have a diskette drive. I would have to usb drive it.

Comment

Is there a section in all GA-EP45-UD3_ boards bios settings regarding the memory remapping feature? I checked the manual twice but couldn't find.

Comment

Working...
                        X