Ram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ram

well its me....again!... im buyin a new RAM for my system,(preferrably a 1GB 266 DDR) i need all of urs sincere advice ,my mobo and all the specifications are here
    http://www.via.com.tw/en/products/c...-series/p4m266/
    plz tell me will DDR b compatible with my mobo, here on the site it states that the mobo also supports SDRAM aswell as DDR. im currently using SDRAM.
    plz also advice should i go for 1GB the whole stick or 2*512 MB sticks
    <!-- / message -->

Re: Ram

Even though you can't make use of PC3200 RAM, I'd get a pack of 2x512MB PC3200. If you're in the U.S., this or url=http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820141154]this[/url] would be great choices. It doesn't cost anymore to get PC3200 than it does to get PC2700. The link has a mail-in rebate but is a lot more expensive without it, which is why I linked to the Corsair.

Comment

Yawgm0th so are you suggesting that i should go forward installing ddr 512*2 MB on my mobo and there would be no prob.

Comment

Yes.

Comment

hey my 133Mhz SDRAM(168 pins) has two notches and DDR has only one notch so is it safe for me to get a DDR 266MHz
          plz let me know after installing new sets (1GB PC2100 266) of RAM is their any setting that has to be change manually in BIOS or anything
          ,......thanx a lot dude
          Last edited by Nordoch; 06-20-2005, 02:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nordoch
            ...my 133Mhz SDRAM(168 pins) has two notches and DDR has only one notch so is it safe for me to get a DDR 266MHz...
            I'd really like to see your answer to this one...

Comment

Nordoch it would be better to put a link to your actual mainboard in and not one to the mainboard's chipset as this will then clear up whether you can use DDR memory or not as just because the chipset supports both types of memory doesn't mean that the mainboard that uses the chipset can.

Comment

'wayout', my actual mobo is "VIA P4M266-8233" this is what it shows on the screen when my system boots n is also printed on the manual that i got with my mobo, also on SiSoftware Sandra Lite 2005.SR1 tests, if there is another way to find out let me know.
                Last edited by Nordoch; 06-20-2005, 06:41 AM.

Comment

Open your case and look over the mainboard for a brand name and model number printed on it as "VIA P4M266-8233" is only the name of the chipset that your mainboard uses and was popular with many manufacturers (many budget manufacturers didn't supply BIOS's the full manufacturers information so Sandra just falls back on the chipset information instead).

Very few though produced a mainboard that would support both memory formats on the same board (BIOSTAR, ECS and PCChips are the only manufacturers that I know of who did supply mainboards with both types of memory slots).

I take it though that you only have one type of memory slot on your mainboard so you will only be able to use that type.
                  Last edited by wayout44; 06-20-2005, 07:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X