Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which ram ??question

heyz peoples
    frist of all i want to know what is the best overcloaking rams i can get for K8N Neo4 Platinum. i know that ocz is the best but... there is 3200 and 3500 and.... more.... but doesn't the board says only supports 400mhz = 3200.... and also dd2, is there boards supports them.....
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p>comming soon..

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Venice @ 1.95
    OCZ Gold VX 1GB/(512MBx2) DDR PC-4000
    Western digital 80GB 7200RPM
    LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D/
    leaktek 6800gt @427/1.15
    Antec TX1050B <o:p></o:p>

</o:p>

Re: which ram ??question

Your board does not support DDR2 so don't worry about that part. As to what type to get, look for memory that offers low memory timings. OCZ has several performance models but you'll want something that can easily support 2-2-2 timings with a 1T Command Rate. I'd go PC3500 to give you a bit more headroom but you can get some very good PC3200 modules that will do nearly as well.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

oh thank you for answering that helpped!! and your avtar that looks like mtg(magic the gathering) force of will....
      <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p>comming soon..

LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D/
      leaktek 6800gt @427/1.15

Comment

Couldn't tell you where it came from originally. I found it on a site offering animated gif files and chose it becuase of the werewolf theme. It went in nicely with an old Q2 clan I started years ago.
        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
        My Toys

Comment

Originally posted by alittledevil
          and your avtar that looks like mtg(magic the gathering) force of will....
          That's precisely what it is. I've always wondered if he even knew... He never reacted to my name, so I figured he didn't and never asked.

The best overclocking RAM is OCZ VX PC4000. What I have to wonder is why you want that particular motherboard. It's one of the inferior motherboards as for as nForce 4 Ultra and SLI boards go. Go DFI for overclocking, no contest. As far as overclocking goes, DFI nF4 SLI or Ultra and OCZ VX PC4000 are basically the uncontested best for the time being.

Comment

I agree with Yawg. If you do decide to go with the DFI you may want to look into some TwinMOS PC-3200 TMSP400. I have seen around FSB ~265 2-2-2-6 @ 3.6Vdimm. Considering its price it would be a great buy with that DFI.

Comment

ahh the OCZ VX PC4000 looks nicer i go with that and also DFI boards even though gonna be my first time overl****ing but im going to the max^^

Also yamg how do u know so much stuff on the computer...... im learning from u even though im older than u.......i feel like whacking ya

LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D/
              leaktek 6800gt @427/1.15

Comment

I learned from people both older and younger than me. :) Many were (or even still are) on this site. You read stuff and get experience doing stuff on your own and that's pretty much how you learn. There's no need for a college degree or anything like that.

Comment

Working...
                X