Best ram manufacturer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best ram manufacturer?

Whats the best ram manufacturer? Kingston? Corsair? AZEN? Crucial? Mushkin? OCZ? Ultra? PDP? Pqi? Rosewill? Kingmax? GEIL?
    Theres lots of manufacturers of ram but I want to know know the one that gives the best bang for the buck; mixes a good performance with a good price .
    Also does anyone know a good online Canadain site to buy computer hardware from? I like newegg because of its good prices but dont know if they ship to Canada and other things that make it hassle to order from it. I know about tigerdirect.com and tigerdirect.ca but they have higher prices than newegg (between their american sites). Any suggestions on a good canadain online store to buy PC hardare from?

Re: Best ram manufacturer?

I like the PDP RAM myself... but Corrsair, Crucial, Munskin, OCZ, Pqi, and Geil are the best you listed, I would never buy AZEN RAM...

It realy depends on what kind of RAM you want, what speed, and what you are going to do with it... eg overclock... server... ect.

Anything with the Samsung tccd chips (or something like that, to tired to actualy look it up)

Best Canadian site = www.ncix.com, to my experiance they are the cheapest around(price wise) shipping is not as fast as Newegg, but we cant do anything about that... usualy ships between 3-5 business days

Comment

Corsair,Crucial,Mushkin.... they all are the best? How? Isnt there one manufacturer that has significantly lower prices yet good preformance? I want ram for gaming use, overclockabilty doesnt hurt though. Also do you know any other Canadain PC hardare sites besides www.ncix.com? (that sites seems to have kinda high prices-$11000 for a AMD 64 FX-55) I want to shop around. Thanks for the info on PDP, it seems they have the fastest DD2 ram around. What was that about the Samsung ships? Are they good? Or bad? You can mix and macth ram right? Like for example you can have a AZEN (why wouldnt you buy AZEN ram) dimm and a kingston dimm on the same motherboard and the computer would utilize both. Right?
      Last edited by Fenix_2; 02-12-2005, 05:38 PM.

Comment

The diffrent manufacturers have slighly diffrent proformance in diffrent areas, for example ... Crusial may have the best overclocking RAM while PDP has the best gaming RAM(diffrences are minor) the Samsung chips are the actual memory modules on the dimms these particular chips are the best out there ATM.

DDR2 Ram is not available for AMD systems (not that I care) they are only for Intel's LGA775 ATM.

I only deal with Ncix so I have no clue if there is anyone better... If absolutly nessary get a friend in the states to order the parts and have then shiped across to Canada.

The reasons I dont buy AZEN RAM:
        1) Future shop sells them...
        2) Better options can be made for slightly more or even less money
        3) I like PDP and Crusial Better

And about mixing diffrent Brands/models....
        It will work perfectly fine for a single channell system but in order to use dual channel it is HIGHLY recomended that you use the same brand and model number RAM modules. If you fail to do so you could be looking at fairly large proformance losses, or even not working period.
        Last edited by Amd_Lover2004; 02-12-2005, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fenix_2
          Whats the best ram manufacturer? Kingston? Corsair? AZEN? Crucial? Mushkin? OCZ? Ultra? PDP? Pqi? Rosewill? Kingmax? GEIL?
          Theres lots of manufacturers of ram but I want to know know the one that gives the best bang for the buck; mixes a good performance with a good price .
          You really have to specify the situation, because it really depends a lot on what you're doing and on what platform you're doing it.

But to give an overall "mixes best performance with a good price" recommendation, if that is to mean best bang-for-buck (if not best performance, even though that's what you said), I'd have to say Kreton, PDP, and PQI. Even then, I can't say one is best, because it simply isn't that simple.

For best overall performance on the current dominating platforms, Crucial and OCZ are essentially tied for stock performance, while Corsair is slightly ahead with the best overclocking RAM. Don't take this to mean the companies' overall performance; I'm talking about one specific module from each brand.

No idea if any of this applies to DDR2 as it's not a technology I currently follow or intend to for quite some time.

Comment

how are a-data ram... reviews look ok here... http://www.newegg.com/product/produc...82E16820211066

Comment

Originally posted by Amd_Lover2004 View Post
              The diffrent manufacturers have slighly diffrent proformance in diffrent areas, for example ... Crusial may have the best overclocking RAM while PDP has the best gaming RAM(diffrences are minor) the Samsung chips are the actual memory modules on the dimms these particular chips are the best out there ATM.

Did you just say that Crucial uses Samsung modules? If so, that is false. Crucial manufacturers their own modules in-house. In case you get picky, Micron and Crucial are the same thing (Micron made the Crucial division for high-end RAM).

I personally only use Crucial because:
              1. American-made - when their stock runs out they have fabs in Germany and Singapore.
              2. Fabs the modules and the boards in-house
              3. lifetime *guarantee*
              4. Extremely reliable under most conditions and settings
              5. I've always been a Micron fan ever since I got a PC from them in '95

And BTW I don't ever anymore get the RAM from anyone but directly from Crucial. I got burned once and it won't happen again...

Comment

Working...
              X