Buying new ram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying new ram

hey everyone, i am thinking of upgrading my computers ram and i need some advice.

first of all my game is mostly a gaming rig so i need ram that will be fast enough to handle anything i throw at it. second of all i would like to know what company i should get it from.. preferably one that makes fast.. reliable ram.

i am planning to get at least 2 gigs so i am torn between 4 512 sticks <which will eat up all my slots> or 2 1 gig sticks <which might be more expensive>
    i dont have an insane amount of cash so if we could stay away from the godly ram it would help ;)

i live in america so please keep prices to american dollars when possible

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Buying new ram

Why don't you just post all these in one thread in "What SHould I Buy"? And if you are building a new PC why would you upgrade your current rigs RAM?

But anyway there are many companies that may be good but some of the best are made by Corsair, OCZ and Crucial. Do not limit yourself to these manufacturers alone though as there are many other good brands out there.

Another thing is I highly doubt you need 2Gb of RAM. I do suggest getting 1GB of RAM fro a gaming machine but no more then that unless really needed.

Comment

thanks for the assist cooldrew, i just posted for each individual componant because i figure there are regulars in each forum who just troll their forums

but anyway, thanks again drew, i appreciate it.

Comment

Well It would be easier if you would just post everything you want for your new PC in one topic in the "What shoudl I buy" forum. This way we can see every individual component rather then picking one component at a time.

Comment

I'd say a good $100 - $120 for some nice 512MB sticks PC3200 RAM would be good for you. Just get two rather than a 1GB stick. And you really don't need 2GBs and probably will never make use of that much. I'd say a couple sticks of this ought to be perfect for you.

Comment

yawgmoth awsome info, you too dave.. i was told by a friend to go newegg because they were supposed to be one of the better online companies when it came to shipping, and this just solidifies that. thanks again

Comment

Yes nwegg is very reliable and they ussually have good prices and shipping is fast.

Comment

Working...
              X