Choosing brands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choosing brands

If anyone can put them in order from the best to worst (least good) What would it be? Im building my computer with Athlon 64 3000+ and mobo GA K8NSPRO

Brand - code name

GEIL - GE5123200B

Kingston - KVR400X64C25/512

Corsair - VS512MB400

OCZ - OCZ400512R3

Samsung - M368L6523BTM-CCC

Or maybe u guys have other brand to recommend?

Note: im just getting the value series, I cant afford to get low latency ones unless if there is any low latency RAM with good price.

Re: Choosing brands

There's acutally some fairly cheap PDP RAM that performs pretty well and has great timings for its price. It's not as cheap as value RAM, but it's worth the extra money and won't totally empty your wallet. Mushkin also makes some pretty good RAM for around the same price, if you'd rather go with a more familiar brand name.

If you do get value RAM, I'd suggest you get the Corsair Value Select with CAS 2.5.

I'd also recommend a different motherboard. It's not a bad motherboard, but there are better ones if you want to overclock or just want the best performance. The Chaintech VNF3-250 is great if you don't need onboard firewire, GbE, 8-channel audio and extra SATA ports. Most improtantly, it's cheap and on of the best performers. The DFI Lanparty UT nF3 250Gb is also great, although more expensive. It's pretty much the best overclocker out there, and has most of the features seen on the more expensive boards. But if you aren't into overclocking and don't need a slighlty better-performing motherboard, the GA-K8NS Pro will be great. Even if you do overclock, it won't be terrible.

Comment

Working...
    X