No announcement yet.

dual channel 2x1GB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You'll see a noticeable difference on the P4 platform.

Comment

so ur sayin that there is only a slight bit off differences if i had a normal 1.25GB of ram (512, 512 and 256)(i have only 3 slots) compared to 2x512MB dual channel?

no 1 has rated my rig yet

P4 3.0GHz OC to 3.2 maybe 3.4
      MSI 648F Neo
      1.25GB RAM
      ATI 9800PRO

rate it outa 10 plz people.

Comment

Well if it had an i865 or i875 based mainboard in it then it'd be worth rating (even if it was your average useless "made by Intel" one) but with the one you have it can never let that CPU get to anywhere near its full potential, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by louinike
          rate it outa 10 plz people.
          It's not really that simple...

Comment

I'd give at a 7.5 Would be an 8, but it lacks DC and the i865/875 chipset.

Comment

Re: dual channel 2x1GB

I'm not sure if I'm right about this or not but, the amount as in MB doesn't reflect on the speed of the computer but more as the amount needed to run programs. Getting 1GB of RAMs is enough because any program you open will not use all 1024mb of RAMs. Even if you do video editing (highest RAM usage I believe for common home application), you wont use more than 700mb. Now, if you want amazing speed, you should look at timing of the RAMs with the the speed (PC2700 is 333mhz, PC3200 is 433mhz) which greatly reflects the speed of the RAMs. Now if you want to go a lot faster than that, you go to the next bottlenecking component which is the HDD. Everyone basicly have 7200rpm. Go get the 10000rpm for crazy speed.

This is how I see the computer work. Please correct me if I'm wrong, especially about the speed of PC3200 RAMs.

EDIT:
              Oh crap, I was responding to the last post on the first page. I didn't even see the second page. Oh well.
              Last edited by jd53887; 07-26-2004, 10:57 PM.

Comment

Re: dual channel 2x1GB

It's a little older, but Abit's IS7 series boards are great. They have one (I think it's the IS7-V) that runs the single channel i848 chipset, not the i865PE. I have the IS7-E and it's a great board. Asus P4P800 (or the P4C800) are also supposed to be pretty good.

Comment

Working...
                X