Asus SK8V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus SK8V

i bought the Asus Sk8v mother board and would like to know what memory i should go with. i want to go with kingston ddr400 unleass someone tells me differently.

Thomas

That's the socket 940 one, right? You'll need registered ECC RAM. Get two 512MB stick of registered PC3500 RAM for dual channel (or two 1GB stick if you're really rich). Anything PC3200 and hgher will do, but 3500 tends to be best for OCing because it has high speed while still retaining low CAS latency.

Something like this, for example:

Comment

Anything PC3200 and hgher will do, but 3500 tends to be best for OCing because it has high speed while still retaining low CAS latency.

what is OCing? the asus handbook says to only use ddr 333 and 400 but i assume i can go a bit higher, correct?

Thomas

Something like this, for example:
      http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProduc...145-510&depa=0[/quote]

Comment

OCing is overclocking. Yes, it can go higher. It doesn't use the full potential of it, but it will be better if you overclock than with PC3200. Do some google searches on overclocking and search TweakTown articles ig you want to. If you decide not to overclock, getting PC3200 to save money wouldn't be a bad idea.

Comment

Working...
        X