X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory choice for Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe

Hi Folks,

Bit confused here, any ideas on the best memory to use;

I was looking here at my choices (links to crucial)

I'll be running something like an Althon XP 2800 and want to get the most from it... is lower CL levels better? 3200 over 2700?

Any tips appreciated.

Cheers,
    Toby

CL2 (cas2) PC3200 or PC3500 is the best option for you. Also be sure to get name brands like Corsair, Kingstion, GeiL, OCz, or Mushkin

Comment

Would crucial not be considered a "name brand"?
      I've always been pleased with the quality of thier product.
      The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

I'd agree with Mr.C on this one, I've always been quite pleased with Curcial's RAM. While a lower CL is better, I've have never had a problem running Curcial's CL a lower than stock numbers, even when overclocked.

Comment

yes if you dont have the money to blow on high end RAM, crucial is very very good RAM....i have their 266 running at 299 with 2-2-3-7 (IIRC) much fatsre then stock ratings, and no stability problems at all!!

ill be looking to get some 333 to match my bus, and hopefully will get that to 360+..... :lol:

Comment

personally, I've always considered Crucial RAM to be a high quality product.
            additionally, it is priced very competitively and the service is top-notch.
            The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Sorry guys! I forgot to mention crucial : omg:

Comment

No problem, I just wanted to confirm that diyfiesta was on the right path.

Comment

Cheers guys, sounds good...

Would Crucial's PC3200 CL3 be a better option than PC2700 CL2.5 stuff do you think?

Cheers

Comment

that would depend on the cpu you plan to use with it, and whether you plan to overclock it.

Comment

Hi minibubba,

I plan on something around the Atlon XP 2800 as that seems to be good value. Want something with a bit of upgradability but prob not too worried about overclocking. I do want the speediest option out of the box though...

Cheers :)

Comment

Corsair tests chip s and get first pick of crusial memory ,this is why/how they have higher rated chips. so crusial has excellant potantials.. all the above mentioned memories are great and were considered [price at the time always fluctuating constantly compared to rest of my system].
                        k6-2 .and . . . AMD 64bit|3.2,1G[2326],9800xt [both died] miss my 500 K's
                        recycled from the trash [and in use]
                        2 = 945G chipset boards 2G Celeron and dual Pentium
                        3 = AM-37 FIK motherboards 2-2.6 G
                        in storage 810/815 chipset P3's 800MHZ[4setup and +? not]

Comment

Working...
                        X