Misplaced DDR (merged threads)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Misplaced DDR (merged threads)

Hi I accidently placed one of my memory modules wrong in my Shuttle AK35GTR mobo , then I put it the right way and now the mobo wont start there's only a green led on but no activity, I also checked it with another memory module that works and still wont....what could it be?

Thxs a lot

Cadu

I still can't believe that ppl will insert modules backwards as they are only keyed for one way but have ya tried the good module next DIMM slot? :?:

Comment

I tried putting the new memory in a differente slot and still wont turn ok...just a green led is on the mainboard and no activity.....

Thx a lot

Comment

That makes little, to no sense. Make the situation more understandable and we can better help you

Comment

well, I'll put it simple, I accidently put the RAM in the wrong position now the mobo wont start just a green led on on the mobo...

thxs a lot....I cant believe I did this ****

CADU

Comment

Originally posted by Cadu
            well, I'll put it simple, I accidently put the RAM in the wrong position now the mobo wont start just a green led on on the mobo...

thxs a lot....I cant believe I did this ****

CADU
            Ah, so you put it backwords in the slot, and attempted to force it in?

Comment

Yes, I forced it in, then I turned it on and it smelled burned like, then I turn it off put it the right way then it never went on again, just a green light led on.....

what does the green led on mean?

Comment

You probably ruined your mobo, but I'd pick up a cheap stick of RAM somewhere and try it first

Comment

Thats what I expected, I tested it on other mobo and it didnt work either, but the other stick of ram that was correctly plugged in by the time it messed up did....so I guess both the mobo and the RAM are ruined, right?

Thxs

Comment

Originally posted by Cadu
                    Thats what I expected, I tested it on other mobo and it didnt work either, but the other stick of ram that was correctly plugged in by the time it messed up did....so I guess both the mobo and the RAM are ruined, right?

Thxs
                    Yeah, if the RAM wouldnt work on another mobo, and a good stick of RAM wouldnt work on that mobo, they're both messed up.

Comment

Working...
                    X