Bad RAM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad RAM?

i think my ram might be bad (hence the title). I have 512Mb of Corsair XMSPC3200CL2 DDR ram running in dual channel (256x2) and i can't get it stable even at timings of 4-4-3 CL2.5
    DDR Voltage is 2.7
    i've tried a number of different settings with a CL of 2 but couldn't get it stable even at 5-5-5 CL2.
    i thought corsair was supposed to be able to run at extremly tight timings but mine keeps giving errors.

any ideas?:scream: :scream: :scream:

Have you gone to Corsairs own forums and seen others with the same issues or asked questions?

When I was looking into Corsair that is where I went first. Actually that is what turned me off from buying Corsair!!! LOL Was all the problems I read about and the amount of people needing to send it back for RMA's.
    My Geil cost half as much, and runs just as fast, if not faster!

Anyway, the link to their forum is on their homepage.
    They are extremely helpful and also have some Corsair guru guy that will help you out as well. I think its called the house of something....
    I got a phone call from them after I emailed them and wanted to "talk shop" about my upcoming build and what I was looking for. They were extremely helpful and informative.
    So you might get some great help going that route.

Good luck,
    Chez

Corsair House of Help forum

Comment

Just to add as well, your timings looks way off too.

I haven't heard of running anything in the 4's or 5's and those aren't "tight" timings.

You should be running 2's across the board with a tRAS of 6T.

CAS Latency: 2T
      RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 2T or 3T
      Row Precharge (tRP): 2T
      Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6T

Good luck,
      Chez

BTW ALSO double check your jumper setting to make sure it is set for 200mhz. It should be the top two. The bottom 2 are for 133.

It is right above the pci slots, (from memory).
      Double check that though, just to make sure.

Comment

if you think your RAM is bad then test it ;)

Try something like Memtest86: http://www.memtest86.com/

Comment

i tested it last night at 4-3-2 CL2. it was stable, so i backed off the CPUs clock to 195x11 and am currently running prime95 to test it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chezman29
            Just to add as well, your timings looks way off too.

I haven't heard of running anything in the 4's or 5's and those aren't "tight" timings.

that's my point. they're not tight. they're comparably loose to everyone elses

Comment

Have you tried running them at SPD?

Chez

Comment

Working...
              X