best and/or easest way to send file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best and/or easest way to send file

If you have a larger file to send to and/or to share with someone, how can you if its a bigger file?

most messenger programs and ICQ have that capability
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

I've found that using the webspace that you get with your ISP is a good way to do things ;) Just upload something to it and tell the other person / people where it is.

Comment

Originally posted by TwizlZone
        If you have a larger file to send to and/or to share with someone, how can you if its a bigger file?
        Are you familiar with Winzip? If not, then DL the free evaluation program from their website. Then, zip the file you wish to send (they are usually reduced to about half their original size. If you send the plain zip file, the recipient needs to have Winzip to un-zip the file OR you can create an executable file (a Winzip option) and the recipient just needs to double-click the executable.

Good luck!

: peace:
        :-(

Comment

Beefy is my man. ;) I love that space on ISP server.
          even if you don't have space from ISP, when will your yahoo briefcase come into play? :p
          Share it with your friends from there! if you don't want to first upload and then make your friend download it then latest yahoo messenger version allows you to share files directly from your PC.
          Read more on How to share files from your own PC? by yahoo messenger. :D
          though i agree that yahoo messenger is a huge system hog but it is one of the best thing when it comes to files sharing.

About winzip...well if you are sure that other person has winzip then you can even split your huge files into numerous small zip files, something for people on dial-up. :)
          Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
          Last Updated:
          10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
          ======================
          jabber : [email protected]
          =======================
          Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
          yabaa dabaa doo...
          Customized for 1024x768

Comment

just a word of warning, but recently emails have come through with nasty virus exe files attached... so I dont open any email attachments from friends unless they explicitly state that they are intending to send this file, and tell me what it is and does... if they dont I assume it's a virus and dont open it.

be nice to your m8s and let them know if you are deliberately sending an exe file! :thumb:

Comment

Working...
            X