Tel$tra sux (suprise suprise)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tel$tra sux (suprise suprise)

yes we all know that tel$tra sux, but this time, i whitnessed the worst i have seen it. from lastnight to this morning, and still going i'm sure, telstra' ADSL service in NSW and VIC was down(i was at a friends place, so i whitnessed it first hand), so we rang up tel$ta and they said that they had to reset EVERY ADSL account in NSW and VIC from the local switches :eek:
    they said that it will be over by today or tomorrow (i think)

so i was wondering, is this the worse you have heard of tel$tra f*cking up?
    nope, thats the worse i've heard tel$tra f*cking up
    0%
    yep, i've had worse
    0%
    TweakTown SETI@home Team

Well if ya think that's bad then check this link out. :eek:
    http://www.tweaktown.com/news.php?nId=1187

Comment

wiggo, the guy with the latest and greatest web news
      TT Original

Comment

The worst I had was on Hel$tra dialup - their ****ty DNS servers didn't update for over 15 days and I couldn't get to TweakTown for all that time :cry: :cry:

But the longest I have to wait with Optus is 90 seconds - so I'm happy I switched :D
        What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

Will this be happening to the US also????...because if it will...that is the most ****ed up thing a coperation could ever do for a few extra dollars...and I might have to find some other isp to provide me with less greedy service!!!!

Comment

nah, i think ziggy is just being a barstard
            TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

Well our PM was the 1 who started the ball rollin' so thanx should really go to him.
              <center> </center>

Comment

And the Gov wants to sell it off!!!??!! Who's gonna buy crap like that company?
                In any rate it's best if it does stay in public ownership. Why? If it was a private company would it be as accountable as it is now?

Comment

Originally posted by Andy
                  nah, i think ziggy is just being a barstard

Well he's got thousands of angry shareholders on his back, despite record profits the share price (especially the second float) has crashed, and they want blood - even if it comes out of consumers.

For what it's worth, my friend has shares in both floats of Telstra, and guess what he gets for his investment? About $100 a year in share dividends - doesn't even get "kickbacks" for using their services - as a result he uses Primus for all his phone/Internet connectivity.

So they don't even look after their shareholders with incentives

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggo
                    Well if ya think that's bad then check this link out. :eek:
                    http://www.tweaktown.com/news.php?nId=1187
                    Man that's crap!! $446/month for a 1.5MBPS/256KBPS with a 10GB limit, and 18.9c per meg over data:eek: :eek:

I'm getting a 1.5MBPS/256KBPS from Netspace with 15GB and 9c per meg over data in off peak for $200/month :smokin: :smokin:

I don't know how Telstra expect to compete while their pricing and service are the way they are!!

Comment

I'm on Optus cable which atm allows around 18gigs of d/l's safely and I'm only payin' $63.95 p/m. :smokin:
                      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

comcast @home, no d/l limit, capable of 1mbit/sec d/l, and 128k u/l. :D 50 bucks a month
                        [space saving sig]
                        AMD 0wn3z j00!
                        [/space saving sig]

Comment

Yep, America has all the sites that people want to visit, so Americans don't really have a need for submarine cables that keep getting severed all the time :(

Australia has download limits because the link to the U.S. costs a ****load to establish, and repair when a ship cuts the cable :mad:

The providers have to recoup their money somehow :)

Comment

heh, you reckon?

Someone emailed me this just before:

"I'm annoyed that the bill was an overdue notice, when I hadn't even received the original bill," quipped the customer, Nick Fogarty. "$800,000 is a lot to find in the family budget without the normal 30 days' notice"

"On Telstra's cheapest broadband plan, the $818,171 equates to around 7 terabytes of data, which (on the average 512Kbit ADSL connection) would take around 3.5 years to download, assuming Telstra's network didn't go down once the entire time."

Comment

Telstra ADSL? Reliable? Please, don't make me bring up my lunch

Comment

Working...
                              X