Real quick help with networking a printer between 2 pc's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real quick help with networking a printer between 2 pc's

Alright, so this is basic, all I want to do is set up a printer to be shared between 2 computers. The problem is getting the printer to work for my computer, the one that is connected by a router. I tried following the help section of win xp's advice, but that didn't work. Can anyone help me fast? I have school tomorrow and need sleep.

Add a printer as if it were connected to your PC but select network printers and you should see it there as long as it is setup to be shared.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Ok if both are usin' the same os and the printer is already setup and sharing enabled then go to your's and thru Add Printer direct it to the other printer and then you'll be asked for the drivers and that should be it. ;)

But if the printher is on another os then ya may have to swap it around. :(
      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

no, same os, and everything is fine with the setup, it's just not connecting. Any security setting or anything that maybe a problem?

Comment

wait, that's what I'm confused about, how do I get it to look at the printer on the other computer? I tried switching names and everything.

Comment

Just browse thru Network Neighborhood to select it but be sure that sharing has been enabled for the printer first on the other PC or it won't work. ;)
            <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Did that.

Comment

Have a look here:

http://www.tweaktown.com/document.ph...Id=178&dPage=5
                Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
                Managing Director
                Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Exactly what I did! What name I put into my computer I don't know, the same as the other computer I take it. I'll try again tomorrow. Goodnight for now.

Comment

Working...
                  X