Double your bw?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double your bw?

hey i had an idea last night. is it possible to hook up 2 computers in 2 diferent area's same isp to share bw. Basically double download and upload speed?

No.

But you can buy routers which allow you to use dual ADSL connections under load balancing. You need two ADSL modems and accounts and then you can double your bandwidth.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

damn lol dont want to sped any money especially money i dont have

Comment

do u know any really really good cable boosters or tweaks that actually work?

Comment

Spend some time at www.speedguide.net and you'll improve your connection.
          Managing Director
          Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

thx:cheers:

Comment

Good luck with it, networking is so much fun!

:bounce:
              Managing Director
              Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

well.. a long time ago, they came out with a modem that allows you to connect to 2 ISP;s at the same time but then you need 2 phone lines.. useless becoz dsl/cable are so much cheaper now..

setting up 2 phone lines cost about the same as dsl/cable and you would only be getting 128kb.. hardly worth it.

Comment

Some ISP's allow multi-linking, which is connecting to the same account with two modems for the purposes of greater bandwidth. If you've got two phone lines to try this, then ask your ISP if it's possible. There's also some hard to find modems out there which actually support two simultaneous connections as well. I haven't seen one in years though.

Comment

I believe "shotgunning" is the technical term.
                    And yes, your ISP and your modems have to be compatible. I've heard that some of the modems by Diamond (aren't they under a different name now?) are quite good at this.

But no, not 2 modems on seperate PC's ___ you'll want 2 modems on 1 PC sharing the connection with the second PC.
                    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Is doing this all really worth it though?

You could get an ISDN 64 or 128 line for a little more with less hassles.
                      Managing Director
                      Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

You certainly have a point.

But up until 2pm today, if my ISP supported it I would have done it. It all depends on your situation ---- let's not forget, not everyone has the luxury of broadband availability.
                        The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

ISDN, depending where you are, can end up costing a hell of a lot more than 2 x dialup connections. For some country users, you end up paying more than $1.50 per hour of connection. Plus there's all the cost for setting up and hardware and what not, it's just not for most home users..

Comment

Solution: Everyone is given a T3 connection, at no cost, no exceptions, no hassles - no more questions.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
                            Managing Director
                            Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Tweak
                              Solution: Everyone is given a T3 connection, at no cost, no exceptions, no hassles - no more questions.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Mr. Tweak=Genius

Comment

Working...
                              X