Need a new ISP!! -angry-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a new ISP!! -angry-

i've just gone about $25 over my limit on last months bill, and i am sick of it. i go over every month, even if i dont download anything...
    what i have at the moment is Tel$tra Bigpuddle, unlim hours, 300mb download limit (:cry: ) and i want out, now!

i cant get cable :( and i dont have a lot of money
    i'd like to get one of Optus' 255hours and unlim downloads but that is about $37 or $39 i fyou dont live in an optus cabled area..I cant win!
    i dont really want to spend more than $30 a month but even that would be better than $50 like last month
    thanks in advance for ur suggestions guys...

suggestion number 1: tell us where you live exactly..

Comment

Caboolture, qld.... itss north of brisbane, and no its not a local call to the city

Comment

I had an ISP to suggest untill I realized you were not in the US. Anyway.:p

Comment

It would be so much easier if ppl would add their location to their profile so that question doesn't have to always be asked. ;)
          But have you checked your local papers as down here in Sydney there are quite a few good little ISP's around that advertise in them. :smokin:
          <center> </center>

Comment

I just added it to mine. Because that is a good idea. :D

Comment

ooh ooh, i knew me book marking it would come in handy some time:
              the Australian ISP list
              http://www.cynosure.com.au/isp/
              TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggo
                But have you checked your local papers as down here in Sydney there are quite a few good little ISP's around that advertise in them.
                <
                OK wiggo, i'll break this one to you slowly. country towns & ISPs = Err, no...

in the city, you get heaps of different ISPs popping up and competing against each other. in the country areas, it's not so good.. at the moment, there are 3-4 ISPs that I know of that are within local call range in my area.. not much choice really...

Comment

Well, in country areas of Australia there is a bit of choice, but there are strict download limits (Tel$tra charge rural ISPs a fortune for bandwidth).

I have been impressed with Optus, they have a PoP in Redcliffe that should be a local call from Caboolture.

Failing that, iPrimus has the nationwide Infinity plan for $32.95/month, unlimited downloads and hours (payable 3 months in advance). The only setbacks are 4 hour sessions and 20 minute idle disconnect times.
                  What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

If you sit idle 20 minutes, you may as well discon.
                    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Thanks Albi....i'll give it a look

Comment

Ya never know Beefy as all coutry towns arn't the same as location has a lot to do with matters. ;)
                        <center> </center>

Comment

true.. but ... but... fine.. :rolleyes:

Comment

soo far looks like iPrimus is the way to go...Optus would be nice but its just a lil too expensive
                            prob is my new month just started today...so i gotta wait another month..or till i use up the 300mb limit....and Andy. dont say just download some pr0n or a game...coz i have to pay for it. i aint payin $25 for 2 days worth of net usage :no:

Comment

I've been told that this mob https://www.dingoblue.com.au/ has some pretty good deals to and they use the Optus backbone. :smokin:
                              <center> </center>

Comment

Working...
                              X