No announcement yet.

Need guidance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The confusing part is that the darn pc downloads mp3's if you remove the router. I have an onboard Sis Ethernet adapter.Guess I could see if that one will work.

Comment

Originally posted by FA-MAS
      No problems. Just so you know the reason your modem won't connect in bridge mode and connected directly to a computer is because it's not logging you in through PPPoE anymore. It's expecting you to do that through WinPoet or Windows XP's built in PPPoE.
      Or in my case,the router is handling the PPPoE logging duities.....:)
      I'll probably be bald when I'm done,but I will have learned something...lol

Comment

You're exactly right, the way you have it setup, the router does the PPPoE. Do try the onboard Sis Ethernet Adapter.

Comment

My problem appears to be related to the auto config of the NIC speed. I was able to get to a drop down box and set the NIC at 10Mbps.This cleared up the problem. Can you explain how this works,and can I correct it somehow?.thanks

Comment

Okay,I finally got it working.After all of my other trials and tribulations,I triple checked my stuff and found I had wired one cable incorrectly.I overlooked this stuff 3 times before I finally caught it.I shall be more attentive to detail in the future.Thanks for the help..:)

Comment

Excellent, good job :D

Comment

I'll give myself a "C" on this project.....:)

Comment

Working...
                X