Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem

Hi everyone.

I have a cable broadband connection and am using the router supplied by the ISP in WiFi mode, this is connected by wire to the computer and to a powerline adapter. The powerline is setup between room 1 and room 2. The powerline in room 2 is connected to a Netgear WNDR3700 (in the LAN port), then another lead from the netgear (LAN port 2) going to a second computer in room 2.

So room 1 powerline is connected to room 2 powerline and room 2 powerline is wired to the netgear router which is wireless.

Now the issue is the WiFi connection stops working on the netgear after a while. I am not sure why, I have ensured DHCP is turned off on router 2 (netgear) so that router 1 can assign these and that router 2 has a static IP and this is outwith the range assignable by router 1. What happens is that devices connect to the router but don't get an IP address assigned.(i.e. does not get past obtaining an IP address)

Any help please?

Thanks

Re: Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem

New & Notable Wifi extender 2018
    We're constantly on the lookout for other Wi-Fi extenders to add to our home networking guide. Here's a quick look at the extenders that have caught our eye.
    The Netgear Nighthawk X6S blankets your home with combined speeds up to 3Gbps, and offers improved performance with a dedicated 5GHz band, MU-MIMO and Smart Connect for working with multiple devices seamlessly, and Netgear's Tri-Band technology for optimum bandwidth. This universal Wi-Fi extender will work with any router, offers 2.4 and 5GHz wireless connectivity and boasts four Ethernet ports.

Comment

Working...
    X