Potential connection/driver issue with new build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potential connection/driver issue with new build

I apologize in advance if this is not the right sub-forum.

I just completed my first build and am encountering some issues with my connection.

Upon powering up my new build I installed my drivers/software and was going online to start downloading programs and updating to Windows 10. I was able to get two different wireless cards working effortlessly. I opened a link and began a download, my speed appeared normal but after about 6 megabytes i no longer had any down speed. I can still browse the web, some images dont load properly but it is usable. I tried various downloads multiple times and every time i encountered the same problem. I moved the PC so that i could hardwire it into the modem, that didn't help either.

I've tried to Google for a solution, which has led me to CCleaner and running various dns dump/ shell commands. I found an old thread where there were some suggestions to clear cache and delete temp files. They also mentioned that sometimes DSL connections can have a connection strength or frequency that is too high and it will cause a connection to choke out? I don't know how to check those settings.

Sorry for the scattered question, but im at an impasse atm. Willing to try anything at this point, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Working...
X