Please advise on some options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please advise on some options

The project is monitoring an off grid power system from 400km away. No one lives on site. The power system comes with software to monitor and I guess I will be able to access it remotely via the net (well that's what I was told by the seller anyway). I wish to use a usb type modem to receive constant Internet signal. That in itself takes some explaining but short story is there is no phone line and satellite is way to dear. I do get limited service with my usb stick modem so hopefully with a decent antenna I will get decent service out of it. This should be ok but my stumbling block is trying to get Internet to the house as well.
    My question is, is it possible to get a pci card or modem to send this signal wirelessly to the house that is around 30 metres away? The usb stick is not wireless itself

The usb modem is one of these eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d
    I don't have a specific pc in mind at this point but do have several older ones to choose from ranging from as old as ddr to ddr2
Working...
X