No announcement yet.

Network Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hooray for the pick! Were you clicking a checkbox when this error message appeared (and which one)?

Comment

How could you not have such a versatile program as Paint not loaded by default? :?:
      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

If i check the client for MS and file and print sharing. If I check none or the bottom 2 it is ok but I am unable to connect.

Wiggo, i thought it was loaded by default, so I guess i never required it til now.

Comment

I am at loss to explain the error message. I gather from your original post that this occurs on both machines. I would guess that the same network setup error exists on both machines. Have you run the network setup wizard on both machines or are trying to manually do the setup? Do the nics appear to be working in device manager with no i/o conflicts? I know I'm shooting in all directions here, but I've set up several small networks (home and business) and just haven't seen this one before.

Comment

It looks like you don't have a protocol selected. Make sure TCP/IP is checked. Client for Microsoft Networks and File and Printer Sharing both need a protocol to be bound to them. Plus, without TCP/IP, your network won't work.

Comment

No the laptop is fine just the desktop pc that is having problems. Doesn't matter what boxes are checked wether all four it still has problems as soon as i try to check either of the first two boxes, with or without the tcp/ip etc. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and setup after setup and nothing seems to work.

Comment

Try this:
                go to start
                go to run
                type command
                click ok

now in this dos box, type "netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt"
                of course without the quotes.
                hit enter
                then close this stuff
                and reboot

then go to your network connections
                see what is checked in there.
                make sure you have Client for MS, TCP/IP, and File and Printer Sharing checked. You need nothing else
                if they're not, check them and see what it does

if you still get the error
                right click on your local area connection
                choose repair.
                see what that does

Comment

MS wizards are of the devil, dont use them.

What is an NP1100_4 and why isnt the TCP/IP box checked. They need a protocol.

Check TCP/IP and uncheck the top two.

Go to a command prompt and "ping 127.0.0.1"

Tell us what it says...

Comment

Working...
                  X