Network Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Network Problem

Howdy Yall. I cannot seem to be able to turn on on both my network cards (PCI and USB) these following two options in properities: client for microsoft network and file and printer sharing for microsoft networks. When ever i try to turn them on I get this message

your current selection will disable the following components:

namely the two above client for microsoft network and file and printer sharing for microsoft networks.

Can any one help???????

I'm not sure I can help, but what os are you using, what nics, and how are you using the nics (broadband, lan, hub, switch, router, etc.)?

Comment

I am trying to connect my laptop to my desktop my laptop settings are set and are ok but my desktop network cards are the problem. I just want a basic XP pro home network. I am using a netcomm lan card 10/100 and an ezyconnect usb lan 10/100

thanks

Comment

Are you using a standard cat5 cable instead of a crossover cable?

Comment

cat 5 UTP cross-over is what it says on the packaging

Comment

The type of cable you're using won't affect that. Although, if you are connecting 2 computers together directly use a crossover. What do you mean by turn on? Are these nic's already installed and show under device manager? Are they just disabled and you're trying to enable them?

Comment

no everything is enable working and the connections are present but when I try to turn on those two features in the network cards properties they give that error message saying that the choices I have made will disable them. So the system is saying if I turn them on they disable themselves, the feautures not the cards.

Comment

I wasn't suggesting that you need a cat5 rated cable. That is just the one most commonly available to consumers. But regardless, you do have the right cable, so that is not the issue. Have you already set up any other part of the network i.e. workgroup name, computer names, etc.? I'm posting a pic that shows my network properties. Are the boxes not checked on yours for the first 2 items?

Comment

here is a print screen of the problem

Comment

That document you posted doesn't seem to be valid. It appears to be a text file that contains no information, not a picture. Maybe try again?

Later

Comment

I had the same problem...
                      Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
                      Managing Director
                      Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Your attatchment downloads as a 1 byte file. If you use the "print screen" key, open "Paint". Select "edit", click on "paste". Click on the little dotted-line rectangle box at the top of the tools toolbar on the left. Place your cursor at the corner of of the error message box on your screen capture, hold down the right mouse key, and move the mouse through both axis to form a dottted-line box around the error message. Go to "edit", and click "cut" (this will make for a smaller finished file size than a pic of your whole screen). Go to "file" and select "new" (you will be prompted to save the current image, click "no"). Go to "edit", select "paste". Now go to "file" and select "save as". In the box that pops up, save it to where you can find it easily, name it something recognisable, and save it in the .jpg format.

When you post and attach a file, browse to that file (you will need to select the "all files" type to be displayed in the browse window).

Comment

here it is again

Comment

Nope, not here again.

Comment

I will try again had to install paint

Comment

Working...
                              X