Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating a Print Banner

Hi Dudes

I'm working on a network of about 100 workstations which are all dependant on a Windows 2000 Server running Active Directory. I would like to know in regards to the HP 2200 Laserjet printers on how do I configure the system so that it allows print banners to be displayed when a user of the network executes a print job.

I have checked all over the place for info on how to do it but found nothing. I went to the following sites for information but no go:

HP.com.au
    TechNet
    Windows 2000 Server

Would any of you guys out there have any suggestions for me?

Thanx in advance guys.

I'm not sure I follow you on your question. Are you asking for a "print banners" option in the print menu or printer setup? If that's what you mean, I am pretty sure that is an option in the software used to create the banners. Between us, my wife and I have 5 printers (all different), and none of them has a printer setting for banners although several applications that we have will allow for it.

As an aside, I remember years ago, printing banners on a 24 pin dot matrix printer with a color ribbon. We would start it in the evening, and if we were lucky, it would be done when we got up in the morning!

Comment

Originally posted by bigjackusa
      As an aside, I remember years ago, printing banners on a 24 pin dot matrix printer with a color ribbon. We would start it in the evening, and if we were lucky, it would be done when we got up in the morning!
      Wow you must be good, sleeping with a dot matrix printer on!
      Those thing are loud.

Comment

Well, I rarely slept next next to my computer unless maybe when I played Wolfenstein all night. Besides, with most printers back then (unless you wanted to spend $1000's), you couldn't print and do anything else at the same time. When doing a large print job, the printer OWNED the computer. Printing was a reason for upgrading your cpu and ram. The reason you could afford a printer was that they were "Winprinters" that depended on the cpu and ram in the computer (GOOD printers had their own cpu and ram). Faster processor + more ram = faster printing so you could get back to using the computer again.

Comment

Working...
        X