computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• computer

Hello, I'm new to the computer geek world. Thats not an insult, thats just what we call it up here in University of Edinburgh. Anyway, how do i connect the UI 895457 server with the 8pd port application to the DS48 drive server, keeping in mind the dual- modem system. This has been bugging me all day and I need help. By the way, this is quite advanced computing and alot of you may not recognise this new equipment. I'd love to hear any helpful direction,

lots of love,

kelvin
    head of gay club computing

djdj, welcome

i have no idea about what all that stuff is, but to my knowledge this post doesn't belong in the case modding forum, so next time, please choose the forum relating to the topic of your question

sound to me like it should go top the modems or networking section
    TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

Lost the manual djdj?
      Or is it so new they haven't released the third revision yet?
      The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

how many office blocks does that machine take up?
        SileNceR, Messenger of the Dark and the Night. To post quality, or not to post at all, THAT is the Question - Never again ask what can my post count do for me besides increasing my ego, but instead ask what can I do to help someone else!
        Overclockers Melbourne (http://www.ocmelbourne.com).

Comment

MMM I really don't know how to solve the problem! :?:

Comment

first off, welcome djdj, second, what the hell are you talking about??
            [space saving sig]
            AMD 0wn3z j00!
            [/space saving sig]

Comment

Originally posted by djdj
              Hello, I'm new to the computer geek world. Thats not an insult, thats just what we call it up here in University of Edinburgh. Anyway, how do i connect the UI 895457 server with the 8pd port application to the DS48 drive server, keeping in mind the dual- modem system. This has been bugging me all day and I need help. By the way, this is quite advanced computing and alot of you may not recognise this new equipment. I'd love to hear any helpful direction,

lots of love,

kelvin
              head of gay club computing
              First, you'll have to buy a RJ-887 networking cable, it has to be 5.4 metres long. Then use that to hook up the UI 895457 to the DS48 drive server. Then you'll have to install the dual-modem drivers on both servers - make sure you are running Windows 95 (no service packs), as it is the best Operating System for networking with dual modem systems.

Last thing is to set up the 8pd port application. To do this, you basically cram it up your ass and twist.

Comment

[space saving sig]
                AMD 0wn3z j00!
                [/space saving sig]

Comment

LOL, I think Orisis is spot on! djdj - since you're new to this "geek" club, you are forgiven for trying to pull the wool over our eyes.
                  Onyx

TweakTown
                  OCAU - Overclockers Australia
                  CPF - CandlePower Forums

Antec 1080AMG with 430W TruePower

Comment

Originally posted by Onyx
                    LOL, I think Orisis is spot on! djdj - since you're new to this "geek" club, you are forgiven for trying to pull the wool over our eyes.
                    Nice of you to spell my name right and everything *sniff* :(.

Comment

I'm for staying away from any 8pd port application installations, thank you just the same:eek: :eek:

LOL Osisris, I didn't even notice the misspelling (reverse dyslexia maybe on my part):D
                      The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Working...
                      X