Something wrong with Tweaktown?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something wrong with Tweaktown?

First of I noticed that tweaktown situated all there problems. Such as no emails being sent to subscribed members all the way to no views on each pending thread. Now after those problems went away I noticed that the entire tweaktown.com domain loads up SOOOOOO SLOW!!!! Pictures and everything take literally an eternity. Is this just me? Cause this is the only website that loads up slowly. I don't think its a web server issue cause tweak3d.net is run on the same server. Tweak3d.net also runs up flawless. However during the great burn that destroyed your servers tweak3d.net was also down for about a day due to it. I remember that very well. What's going on?

It is better now (still not what I call fast), but for quite awhile, it was so slow as to be unusable.

Comment

ya like as I sit ehre and type out this reply I'm watching the faces to the left show up in groups of two's or threes in 3 second intervals. Instead of all at the same time. I'm about to hit the submit reply button and half the faces are loaded up. Yesterday I would let it it sit there until I got the "this page cannot be displayed"

Comment

Yea its a bit better now but its still a bit slow...

Also, the last month i have noticed i get these spams of thread replies in my email box...even though i choose "no" in my user options.
        - Damien

Comment

ya What other sites are operated on this webserver? Are they affected as well? Or is it just tweaktown. Cause like I said in the first post. Tweak3d is flawless

Comment

There was a heap of traffic lately, which slowed things right down, but it should be better now..

Comment

just now I was actually noticing things we're alot faster then they were for the past few days. but now it just got slow aagain. Why isn't tweak3d being affected or any of the other sites on this server?

Comment

We hads a few problems after upgrading to the latest version of vBulletin. The reason for the slow loading pages is the fact that we've been doing around 10,000 pageviews an hour for the last couple days thanks to the Windows XP SP1 guide.
                Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
                Managing Director
                Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Originally posted by ReSpAwN DeMoN
                  just now I was actually noticing things we're alot faster then they were for the past few days. but now it just got slow aagain. Why isn't tweak3d being affected or any of the other sites on this server?
                  Tweak3D are not on our server.
                  Managing Director
                  Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

are you sure? cause they were affected in the burn also.....and there was this one time where tweaktown went out for a few days (before I was a member of the forums and I just went to the site for news) and tweak3d was out also for the same amoutn of time. I also saw a listing somewhere of all the sites on the server there are like 3 sites on the same websirver. but this was back like last year.

Comment

Tweak3D and TweakTown may have shared the same server a long time ago when we were both with the Rydium Network, and I mean a long time ago.

Now though I am 100% positive we share different servers.
                      Managing Director
                      Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

oh.....well in that case I bleive you....hey it looks like the speeds of the site are comming up to almost "semi" normal. I'm assuming this is why on free hosting sites such as angelfire or something they limit your bandwidth to prevent something like this from occuring?

Comment

Exactly. :)
                          Managing Director
                          Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

hey I just went to tweak3d.net for some reason. They posted a new article saying something about "slow server"....I'm really REALLY starting to think that between this and the burn causing both sites to go out and the down for maintenence I'm starting to really think that tweaktown and tweak3d are on the same server...

From tweak3d.net-
                            "As you may have noticed, the site has been very sluggish the last couple of days. We're unsure of the reason for this, but we do think that the network ad server is the culprit, not our web server. We apologize for inconveniences experienced while viewing pages at Tweak3D and we hope it's back to normal ASAP. I'll keep you posted... "

Comment

It is just a coincidence dude.

Look at these two links and look for Domain servers in listed order.

http://www.netsol.com/cgi-bin/whois/...&SearchType=do

http://www.netsol.com/cgi-bin/whois/...&SearchType=do
                              Managing Director
                              Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Working...
                              X