how t limit bandwidth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how t limit bandwidth

i need to know how i can limit my sisters bandwidth on my downstairs computer because all she does is download movies adn songs which kills my connection and my ping is unplayable does anyone know a program i can use to limit her bandwidth or do sometihng i need help:wave:

How are you sharing the conenction? Got a router, or maybe a machine with some type of connection sharing program. Such as WinProxy? There should be ways of doing it within those. But, I don't believe there is aprogram you can install on that particuar machine to do that. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Later

Comment

Just block her access altogether until she understands not to interrupt a person's game time. :)

Comment

I think it best if you and your sister could come to some arrangement/scheduling for internet usage. Probably not gonna' be easy -- remember, you have to compromise. But in the interest of domestic harmony, give it a try and see what happens.

If I was your sister, and you limited my bandwidth, I'd be forced to slap you to sleep:D
        The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

I think you can use Sygate Office Network to share your internet connection. It has the feature of bandwitdh management to prevent bottleneck.

Comment

Working...
          X