Router problems :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Router problems :(

I'm not a big too bright when it comes to computer technical terms or directions so if any responses could be dumbed down, it would be appreciated. :)

I was trying to install a new router (Belkin F6D4230-4 v3) last night and successfully got one laptop to run wirelessly but could not get my own to work. But, for some reason, it let my laptop connect through the other laptops network but not directly from the router. I tried fixing this, bungled it trying to change the passphrase that I was prompted to enter, though I never made one, and now the other laptop cannot connect to the new wireless network because the password it uses to connect was changed in an attempt to hook my laptop up. So the origional, unkown passphrase is still in effect. All I know is that it has 8 characters. Help me before my dad gets mad QQ

Thank you!

Re: Router problems :(

The pass phrase is clearly readable in the router's menu under wireless setting - just write it down and enter this phrase into all laptops connecting to that router.

that's it
    X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming
    AMD Ryzen 7 2700x
    Kingston HyperX Predator 3200 - 16GB Kit
    GV-RX570AORUS-4GD
    1x 970 SSD / 2x SSHD 1TB Seagate
    Win10x64

Comment

Yes, as said above it is easily accessed in the web interface. Please connect a hard wired PC to the router and go to this address >>

name and pass by default should be blank, as in do not enter anything. Unless you have changed it that should get you in, then find wireless settings and you should find the passkey you need.

The pass may also be blank for the name, "admin" as the pass

It may be this address, with "admin" as the password

If you still cannot get it, you can easily reset the router to defaults using a button on the back of the router, it may be inside a pin hole but you should be able to find it. After pushing that for a few seconds the defaults would be loaded which should allow you hard wired access with the above info and likely unsecured WEP wireless access until you get things set again

Comment

Look at the manual if you got a manual.

1. check on how to reset manually. There must be a button somewhere
        2. check for default IP for the router to open its GUI
        3. Enter the IP number in your web address area
        4. Find the internet connection wizard inside it and follow all the steps it mentioned.

Good luck!
        -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Please see My Websites: PixShare - Free Photo Hosting | PixProxy - Stealth Browsing

Comment

If you still cannot get it, you can easily reset the router to defaults using a button on the back of the router, it may be inside a pin hole but you should be able to find it. After pushing that for a few seconds the defaults would be loaded which should allow you hard wired access with the above info and likely unsecured WEP wireless access until you get things set again

Comment

router always getting trouble

Comment

When using router, there are always problems....

Comment

Working...
              X